Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

My dude’s @a blinkin original post was just a genuine curiosity of will the genre ever evolve from it’s current state, asked in the HIP HOP THREAD, and cats come with the “what about movies, TV, other genres?!” What does that have to do with the OG question posed? :lol:

And aftr rereading this:

Uuum that “garbage *** list” and link I provided was where PARENTAL ADVISORY STICKERS ORIGINATED FROM.
E9DCEA93-B557-4868-811D-1187920ED078.gif

I can’t sometimes.

The first ALBUM to get the parental advisory sticker was 2 Live Crews banned in the USA album..... and it was a RAP album. Yeah, they might’ve started it with Prince and others but they still freely released albums without the advisory marks on their cassettes or CDs.

2 Live Crew got it FIRST. Rap was still young, yet was the first genre to get that “parental” advisory label. When obscene music had been getting made well before it came about.

Asking hip-hop to evolve when other genres aren’t even evolving either. :lol: :rofl:

What will it evolve to? Mankind is going to drink alcohol, tote guns, do drugs, and be promiscuous. How will this evolution come about and from whom?? :lol: :rofl:

What valid points have you two made? You both are highly misinformed on the subject, evidently. Now y’all want to back out and cry in the corner with dunce caps. I have a retort for all information you guys used. But now, y’all want to scamper away.
And after rereading this:

Uuum that “garbage *** list” and link I provided was where PARENTAL ADVISORY STICKERS ORIGINATED FROM.

I can’t sometimes.
D8864371-80FA-4526-9C1F-2AF6BD9EFF89.jpeg

My dude’s @a blinkin original post was just a genuine curiosity of will the genre ever evolve from it’s current state, asked in the HIP HOP THREAD, and cats come with the “what about movies, TV, other genres?!” What does that have to do with the OG question posed? :lol:

And aftr rereading this:

I can’t sometimes.
:lol: you can't take this thread too seriously man, people on here are trolls and don't engage in honest debate. I answered the point a page back but suddenly things were framed as an attack on hip-hop, by fans of hip-hop in a fan thread about hiphop :lol:

Hip-hop can change and is changing, because its content is based on many factors and its audience is growing exponentially introducing cultures and ideas.

And back to the “parental advisory” list. That’s exactly the point that we’ve tried to hit home. All this stuff was occurring before hip hop. Yet time and again, people want to point fingers. You two keep overlooking that.

:lol: you can't take this thread too seriously man, people on here are trolls and don't engage in honest debate. I answered the point a page back but suddenly things were framed as an attack on hip-hop, by fans of hip-hop in a fan thread about hiphop :lol:

Hip-hop can change and is changing, because its content is based on many factors and its audience is growing exponentially introducing cultures and ideas.

You’re a grown man talking about “trolling” :lol: :rofl:. I don’t even use that term and never have. You want to say “debate” but throw around buzzwords like “trolling” says a lot about you.

Show me examples of this “changing content” and “audience” (which I could careless about because that audience is exploitative). These new “changes” are still using drug terms, violence, sex, etc. so, how’s it changing? :lol: :rofl:

Drugs, sex, and violence are here to stay in rap :lol:

Show me these evolving rap songs. I know you’re probably going to post a song by some white dork or geek who just started listening to rap. I want to see this difference of content.

The first ALBUM to get the parental advisory sticker was 2 Live Crews banned in the USA album..... and it was a RAP album. Yeah, they might’ve started it with Prince and others but they still freely released albums without the advisory marks on their cassettes or CDs.
Maybe because legislation takes a while to be put into action and it was HEAVILY combated by musicians when they introduced the idea in that “bull**** link” I provided? Nah, couldn’t be that.

2 Live Crew got it FIRST. Rap was still young, yet was the first genre to get that “parental” advisory label. When obscene music had been getting made well before it came about.
Maybe because by that time Rap was at the forefront of it’s rise in mainstream popularity at that point in time and those idiots in Washington wanted to use them as an example for their explicit content agenda? Nah, couldn’t be that.

Asking hip-hop to evolve when other genres aren’t even evolving either. :lol: :rofl:
No one has asked it to change, though. The question was “will it?”

What will it evolve to? Mankind is going to drink alcohol, tote guns, do drugs, and be promiscuous. How will this evolution come about and from whom?? :lol: :rofl:
Here you go with your extremities again. Because EVERYONE who listens to Hip Hop or aspires to be a Hip Hop artist indulges in such vices, right?

why is it a bad thing when we do it
but movies been doing it since forever
but nobody complaining
You guys with these red herrings. :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-baby-scientist/201801/violent-m%C3%A9dia-and-aggressive-behavior-in-children?amp

https://www-m.cnn.com/2017/01/20/health/gun-violence-pg-13-movies-study/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

I know you probably won’t even skim them but a quick google search shows these two credible instances of people “complaining” enough to write articles about the matter & site sources that conducted studies about the effects of violence from movies have on kids.

Like where do y’all get this idea that people have never complained about this? :lol: Research goes back DECADES, fam.

I just heard that City Girls track on the radio. Wow, not even rapping. Just talking all off beat.

And this Sza song with the OutKast sample, I wish they didn’t clear it. Song is garbage, ***** voice sounds awful. Like Rihanna singing.

French with Blueface and Tjay is ****in atrocious. Come on yo, somebody gotta fix this. These songs shouldn’t be singles. Sound like the **** you make with your boys back in high school.

Now PNB Rock and Skies, I Like Girls. Is the music industry based on lack of talent and skills now? The less you have, the more we want you. This song is so ****in awful.

I blame wavycrocket wavycrocket and the rest of you dun dun dunts for allowing this **** to happen

Last edited:
As far as that hip hop evolving topic, it goes as the originators of the art do.

Blacks and Hispanics. Minorities. Basically any marginalized group. When that changes, the genre will change. Hip hop closely reflects the ppl and society.

As far as content, hip hop has been multifaceted in that area since its inception. It's just what is mainstream and popular has changed to something more superficial. That doesnt negate the fact hip hop is more than money, sex and violence.

It kinda goes without saying that if racism didn't exist and/or slavery didn't happen hip hop most likely doesnt exist and not just cuz the ppl wouldn't eventually end up in new york its cuz of how hip hop reflects the ppl.

As far as that hip hop evolving topic, it goes as the originators of the art do.

Blacks and Hispanics. Minorities. Basically any marginalized group. When that changes, the genre will change. Hip hop closely reflects the ppl and society.

As far as content, hip hop has been multifaceted in that area since its inception. It's just what is mainstream and popular has changed to something more superficial. That doesnt negate the fact hip hop is more than money, sex and violence..

This...

Hip Hop is always evolving. Truly if you want good music, it’s there. The mainstream and whats bringing the money in will always be the saturated thing.

I’m am very appreciative of all different style and topics that are touch in hip hop. I listen to it all

However, I am still in need of my dosage from people like Kevin Gates, Benny the Butcher, Mozzy, etc. What they’re talking about is apart of who I am ...well was...I understand it, lived it and risen from it. It’s very much needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom