Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I swear these outlets sometimes be baiting people into saying controversial **** for future talking points on their mediums

I might just turn this into its own thread, but for those that listen solely to rap/hh/rnb, what do y'all play when you have people in your car that dont typically listen to those genres?

When I have coworkers in my car the only artists I feel like I can play is stereotypical 'I dont listen to rap' rappers: Kid Cudi, Logic, etc or I might cut on some rnb non-sexual songs, mostly selective DVSN tracks

Trying to curate a playlist for these situations.

Sports radio

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I might have to. I swear this was never an issue until I hit corporate America.

All the non-black women i've dated listened to rap, all my non-black friends listened to rap...

Now I gotta deal with these coworkers use to listening to Billy Ray Cyrus and I dont know how to cater to that

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I might have to. I swear this was never an issue until I hit corporate America.

All the non-black women i've dated listened to rap, all my non-black friends listened to rap...

Now I gotta deal with these coworkers use to listening to Billy Ray Cyrus and I dont know how to cater to that
Are these work friends or just coworkers?

Whoever shot at her was either a dude JT scammed, or a chick pissed one of the City Girls had sex with her man

I might just turn this into its own thread, but for those that listen solely to rap/hh/rnb, what do y'all play when you have people in your car that dont typically listen to those genres?

When I have coworkers in my car the only artists I feel like I can play is stereotypical 'I dont listen to rap' rappers: Kid Cudi, Logic, etc or I might cut on some rnb non-sexual songs, mostly selective DVSN tracks

I rarely have anyone in my car besides family :lol: so it’s either what I’d normally listen to, sports radio, or instrumentals. My dad is the only one I tailor specific stuff for just cause a lot of his favorite rap songs are burned in my memory.

Last edited:
sometimes I scroll through thinking HOW? The same topic with the same pov's
it's just like all those political threads in general, why would you continue to have these same conversations over and over again
with the same people. It's madness
Same thing in the NBA and nfl spots too.

Just coworkers. I'd play whatever if it was friends. I don't consider coworkers friends, I gotta play the game.
I'd let them play something. Not playing something I know damn well I'd never listen to if I was alone or with friends. Mind telling why they're in your car anyway?

I'd let them play something. Not playing something I know damn well I'd never listen to if I was alone or with friends. Mind telling why they're in your car anyway?

Right now its mostly just an Indian chick, strong pass on letting her control the music :lol:

Sometimes it's an Indian chick and a white chick. Me and the white chick live close to each other downtown so sometimes she rides with me, Indian chick has no car and lives right next to the office so I swoop. She just got approved for a visa extension so hopefully this is a short term issue, think she's planning to buy a car now.

Right now its mostly just an Indian chick, strong pass on letting her control the music :lol:

Sometimes it's an Indian chick and a white chick. Me and the white chick live close to each other downtown so sometimes she rides with me, Indian chick has no car and lives right next to the office so I swoop. She just got approved for a visa extension so hopefully this is a short term issue, think she's planning to buy a car now.
Yeah I'm at a lost now too. I'd say nobody play anything but it'd be weird. I hate making small talk :ohwell:

You could just play the radio....

Back
Top Bottom