Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

this was clearly a "strategic" move.. whats the odds this video resurfaces after jays recent mishaps in the media.

he had to speak up he was in a helicopter but everything else was an act.. look at how hes talking and the slang hes clearly trying to market himself then on top of that he called himself the voice of the people lol its pretty obvious

yall *****s funny all im saying is stop taking these *****s for face value

Nah b, it's you

I'm crying at social media doing all that talk about Kanye is cancelled, nobody ****s with him blah blah blah for him to follow up going city to city and packing them joints out

all this outrage means absolutely nothing at the end of the day

It's a bunch of people just going along with the masses saying what people want to hear to feel included. The whole **** is weird.

What you saying is something totally different from taking somebody at face value. You just said a dude that's from the projects in Brooklyn faked his whole accent and slang. Like he didn't grow up in that environment.
U mean u don’t know someone
Who from the hood
Who doesn’t talk like they from the hood
There’s always those few cause they moms
Didn’t let em go outside
Cause they kids was a sucka
Jay seem like one of them
Prolly why his heart so cold now
He was scared to smile and was called ugly

It's a bunch of people just going along with the masses saying what people want to hear to feel included. The whole **** is weird.

I get why people are upset with jay i don't agree but i get it. But some of the **** i have seen has givin me a legit headache

I've seen a bunch of blue check Twitter people take that tweet of the white woman cutting that kids Locs.... and somehow that became "I can't believe Jay-Z is telling young black men to cut your dreads to be accepted" ................ Like what? :lol::lol::lol:

Somehow roc nation supporting a well received charity in Chicago, where one woman cut a kids hair (a kid who WILLINGLY wanted to cut his locs)... has somehow turned into Jay telling black kids they can't have a good life with locs.

Forget that he is currently growing locs himself, forget that if you simply go to the charity website, plenty of those kids in the program still have their hair..... they must get those RT's off and stick to their agenda... knowing good & goddamn well he's done nothing close to promoting that message :lol:

jay-z-marcy-projects-1994.jpg

U mean u don’t know someone
Who from the hood
Who doesn’t talk like they from the hood
There’s always those few cause they moms
Didn’t let em go outside
Cause they kids was a sucka
Jay seem like one of them
Prolly why his heart so cold now
He was scared to smile and was called ugly
And Eminem murdered him on his own $h!+

I get why people are upset with jay i don't agree but i get it. But some of the **** i have seen has givin me a legit headache

I've seen a bunch of blue check Twitter people take that tweet of the white woman cutting that kids Locs.... and somehow that became "I can't believe Jay-Z is telling young black men to cut your dreads to be accepted" ................ Like what? :lol::lol::lol:

Somehow roc nation supporting a well received charity in Chicago, where one woman cut a kids hair (a kid who WILLINGLY wanted to cut his locs)... has somehow turned into Jay telling black kids they can't have a good life with locs.

Forget that he is currently growing locs himself, forget that if you simply go to the charity website, plenty of those kids in the program still have their hair..... they must get those RT's off and stick to their agenda... knowing good & goddamn well he's done nothing close to promoting that message :lol:
For the most part, I agree with you. I understand why people feel the way they do, but I too think some are going too far.

I’m not a fan of the donation they made to that specific charity, though. Just comes off to me like potential charities weren’t really fully vetted. When you step out and want to be the face of something as polarizing as this, you have to do the proper research to prevent this kind of thing happening.

Sidenote: I’m never a fan of a white person taking a picture cutting a black kid’s dreads. If they didn’t understand the optics, maybe they should have re-evaluated.

But like I said in the beginning of this whole thing, this doesn’t really change anything for me. I’m still cool on football, and honestly don’t care enough to be in a rage with people jumping to conclusions.

For that to be the first big donation that’s publicized, it does look funny in the light.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom