Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wayne and Drake both dominated watered down eras. I’m a Wayne fan and, it’s the truth. I don’t care for Drake at all

Jay-Z ran 99-2004, IDK what that chic was talking about

It's not that simple. Nelly, Ja, DMX, Em were all huge. As huge as Jay at the time. Jay just outlasted the first three and moved onto better things so folks look at him with even higher regard

Jay been the most consistent, he’s been relevant through all this time. 4:44 is his best project in years too

So I never cared much for dipset. To be honest, I think most West coast ****** only cared for them when we saw certified gangstas. Dudes were hype when that **** came out

Anyway so im listening to an old Joe budden podcast and they talking about when Jim and Cam fell out and how Jim got emotional in a flex interview. The more I hear about Cam, the more unlikable dude is.

Difference between being the biggest in a given year and being consistent.

I’d personally take the consistent route

50 can’t catch another hit to save his life and he’s stuck trying to re-hash GRODT

Nelly, Ja etc are “legacy acts” as Joe says

I agree Jay may have not been at the very top at any given time but people still check for him 20 years later

Saw the Boosie interview. Everything he said about Louisiana is true. Hence why I left.

I’m glad to see that he matured and is thinking long term.

I just wished the interview talked more about his music. Didn’t seem that the hosts didn’t do any research of his previous catalog.

Last edited:
I’d personally take the consistent route

50 can’t catch another hit to save his life and he’s stuck trying to re-hash GRODT

Nelly, Ja etc are “legacy acts” as Joe says

I agree Jay may have not been at the very top at any given time but people still check for him 20 years later
Blueprint 2 was buns
You liked the r. Kelly collab album?

Blueprint 2 should have been a 12 track album, not a double disc.

Best of Both Worlds was trash and I'm a HUGE R Kelly fan and a big Jay fan. What a letdown.

4:44 is awesome

Jay hova is like Kobe. There was never a year / season where they clearly dominated / were the best, but their longevity supersedes just about everyone. Consistently near the top or in the conversation for decades.

Jay hova is like Kobe. There was never a year / season where they clearly dominated / were the best, but their longevity supersedes just about everyone. Consistently near the top or in the conversation for decades.

KOBE? Never dominated? Never was the best?

00DB3862-158A-41A6-A6CC-EAC3BCFD6A69.jpeg

Besides the year 50 dropped GRODT and Wayne dropped C3, there's an argument that can be made for another rappers each year.

Em had years where he dominated in sales and charts but he will admit to you himself why that was.

99 was X, 2000 was def jam as a whole tbh, 01 Ja was unstoppable, 02 was Eminem hands down, 03 was 50 hands down, 04 I'm blanking here

Em was not bigger than X or Jay or Puffy in 99. Summer 2000 when Marshall Mathers came out is when Em went to biggest star level.

Back
Top Bottom