Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Remember 9/11
E6BE0F51-2A8C-4BB6-A4C7-1896DE37F6CF.jpeg

Last edited:

“Everyman” type of rappers.

Gangsta rap got real cartoonish...and *****s was looking silly. Became non relatable. Average dude was yearning for a Kanye, and there are way more of them...that street dudes. The OD on the hyper masculinity pushed it too far. Kanye came in...at the right time, with JUST the right amount of talent, foresight and marketing.

I think it’s a healthy balance now. Multiple lanes. The Everyman type of rapper still winning tho. Drake, Cole, Wale, Wiz, Lupe, Cudi, Big Sean, even KENDRICK etc ate off of this.

Gangsta rap got real cartoonish...and *****s was looking silly. Became non relatable. Average dude was yearning for a Kanye, and there are way more of them...that street dudes. The OD on the hyper masculinity pushed it too far. Kanye came in...at the right time, with JUST the right amount of talent, foresight and marketing.

I think it’s a healthy balance now. Multiple lanes. The Everyman type of rapper still winning tho. Drake, Cole, Wale, Wiz, Lupe, Cudi, Big Sean, even KENDRICK etc ate off of this.

ironically, the “gangster” dudes are farrrr more cartoonish. Modern rap is cartoonish. Which is fine. The Internet/social media has made it even worse. But again, we live in a niche society where you can be whoever you want to be. We live in a niche world now. It’s really somewhat of a Utopia. There’s a lane and and interests for everyone to be involved with, and not be judged.

I am a fan am of Adam Sandlers **** it fits. Oozes cool & confidence

I meant the character specifically from Uncut Gems. Sandler stays in hoop shorts and a t shirt, that's my daily pairing when I'm not at the office/going out so I'm not mad at that he just rocks his **** super big still :lol:

Who the hell wants to be like old *** Adam Sandler in THAT movie of all characters :lol:

It’s the Cartier’s he’s wearing. Never left the black community. Specifically in Detroit. and over the last 5 or so years..been popping in urban cities all over. Way before Uncut Gems.

It’s the Cartier’s he’s wearing. Never left the black community. Specifically in Detroit. and over the last 5 or so years..been popping in urban cities all over. Way before Uncut Gems.

That's kind of what I was trying to get at, his character isn't the reason people are rocking them

Back
Top Bottom