Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm also really feeling the little Oakland/Richmond rap renaissance going on right now.

Feels like the East Bay completely reinvents its sound every 5-10 years.

The current vibe is 👌🏾 with collectives like Grand Nationxl and Eastshore Highway.

Much heavier on wordplay than other eras.

Less party, more intellectual and chill, less street, but still hella authentic.

These two of my favorite projects this year.

I’ll have to check these out. It’s seems like all the street dudes have funk with each other lately.
J Diggs has been putting out solid music lately, Rydah J Klyde had an album drop like last year that was really damn good. Hus’ album he dropped years after he got out was hard too

I’ll have to check these out. It’s seems like all the street dudes have funk with each other lately.
J Diggs has been putting out solid music lately, Rydah J Klyde had an album drop like last year that was really damn good. Hus’ album he dropped years after he got out was hard too

I'm definitely gonna listen to that Rydah J Klyde.

Did you catch the Jacka's 2020 album? I completely missed it didn't get put on until yesterday.

Thought it was really solid first listen, doesn't sound like a posthumous album and I thought the features and production are really good.

I'm definitely gonna listen to that Rydah J Klyde.

Did you catch the Jacka's 2020 album? I completely missed it didn't get put on until yesterday.

Thought it was really solid first listen, doesn't sound like a posthumous album and I thought the features and production are really good.

Nah I had no clue, gonna check that out tonight that's dope to hear

I miss the old Jigga

1607576330820.jpeg

50 know who started it

People straight up ****ting on him on his IG. 21, has a pretty new baby, and will be put away for a long time. Same cycle.

It’s going to be interesting to see what he says when the cops start throwing football numbers at him. Might be lawyer up time coming soon for yella beezy and/or trap boy Freddy.

Back
Top Bottom