Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I preferred urban legend . As far as trap muzik creating the genre I can’t give him that. I got to give that to goodie , kast , ghetto mafia , a-dam shame , young bloodz, and oomp camp . I will say he made the term “trap” normalized in convos , all of a sudden everybody was a trapper in atl and the south east region .

Urban Legend for me easily. It's one of my most listened to albums, largely just based off the 3 song run of Motivation, U Don't Know Me and ASAP. These tracks always motivated or got me amped bumping these on the Ipod classic on way to class or the gym lol.

I preferred urban legend . As far as trap muzik creating the genre I can’t give him that. I got to give that to goodie , kast , ghetto mafia , a-dam shame , young bloodz, and oomp camp . I will say he made the term “trap” normalized in convos , all of a sudden everybody was a trapper in atl and the south east region .

Yeah Tip put a neat bow on the package basically, that album stamped it and took it mainstream but _’s older than him had already made it a “thing”

When the Smoke Clears
On Top of the World
Chopper City in the Ghetto
Life Or Death
Ghetty Green
Stankonia
The Untouchable
Devin The Dude
Solja Rags
Ice Cream Man
I Got That Work

Just to name a few more classics

I prefer Soulja Rag over 400 Degrees - but
400 is a Southern Classic indeed.

Yeah, Devin The Dude - The Dude album is an honorable mention. Good mention!

How you luv that vol. 1 > Big Tyler’s body of work.

Good list.

Back
Top Bottom