Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I was just thinking about this earlier today. Man started calling himself the best rapper after getting 2million followers on twitter or something like that :lol:

he was running wit that waaay before Twitter was around

05. And I was young but he probably said it before this. I think it came from Hov "retiring" in 04 and him declaring himself the best now that Hov out the way.

05. And I was young but he probably said it before this. I think it came from Hov "retiring" in 04 and him declaring himself the best now that Hov out the way.

“Best rapper alive….since The best rapper retired”

I know where Wayne got it from, he's a Hov stan. Go listen to "The Prefix". I vividly remember the debates around the time ppl catching on to Wayne running w/ the "Best Rapper Alive" gimmick. He had mad ppl tight (especially in NY :lol:), brainwashed, and genuine support til this day. He had those old sleazy dudes in brown talking about KRS-One n ****. Maaaaaaan shut the hell up. Ain't nobody listening was tryna listen to ******* KRS-One. "Nelly washed Krs, foh." His old *** was about to have an aneurysm. Man was really about to steal off on some kids for liking Wayne more than KRS-One :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But yeah ppl really started running w/ that "Best Rapper Alive" schtick after this:

And I was talking about Big Draco:

fdd.gif

Mississippi Delta we up next!
Crazy how Gucci found this artist before Rick Ross did and Ross suppose to be from up the road.

Dude is flames & sounds like a solid dude based off what he's rappin. I hope he's not gettin jerked. "I'm new to this rap ****.":rolleyes Treat these dudes tryna make a legit come up and way out right. **** that business is business ****. I couldn't jerk an artist. Especially not a Black artist :smh:

Dude is flames & sounds like a solid dude based off what he's rappin. I hope he's not gettin jerked. "I'm new to this rap ****.":rolleyes Treat these dudes tryna make a legit come up and way out right. **** that business is business ****. I couldn't jerk an artist. Especially not a Black artist :smh:
I hope he don’t get F’d over myself. The Mississippi Delta is one of the poorest areas in the country so we need every penny lol. Hope he helps build that area up after he gets some time in the game because they really don’t have ish. Just a Dollar General, Double Quick and Tallahatchie Correctional Facility.

I wish he would do more interviews on some rap ****
Word. Dude is "too cool" for everything. Verzuz, drink champs, etc... I guess he's pushing the culture forward in other ways, bring our presence and representation in places where we currently arent. But I would like for him to add to the culture a bit by doing these other " little things". Not sure if its true arrogance or insecurity based, but its something.

Back
Top Bottom