Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

T-Pain was great using autotune. It was his thing but he made so many bangers it became the lazy way to a hit for other people.

It's always funny to me how mad people are at death of autotune. Seem like ya'll took it more serious than he did. Like I doubt Jay was sitting back mad that he didn't literally kill autotune. :lol: _'s was singing too much, it was the beginning of what we see now. Where you have talented dudes like a Future or Thug then 50 way less talented versions of them. Everybody running to the same beats, same flow, same content, etc. It is a big lane of dudes that actually rap, hip hop is very diverse now. Any style you wanna hear is right there but the go to easy way to get on is still the singy ****.

T-Pain was great using autotune. It was his thing but he made so many bangers it became the lazy way to a hit for other people.

It's always funny to me how mad people are at death of autotune. Seem like ya'll took it more serious than he did. Like I doubt Jay was sitting back mad that he didn't literally kill autotune. :lol: _'s was singing too much, it was the beginning of what we see now. Where you have talented dudes like a Future or Thug then 50 way less talented versions of them. Everybody running to the same beats, same flow, same content, etc. It is a big lane of dudes that actually rap, hip hop is very diverse now. Any style you wanna hear is right there but the go to easy way to get on is still the singy ****.

and told T-Pain that

Maybe i'm just ****** up but the thought of Usher waking a ***** up from a nap, on a PLANE just to tell him he ****** up music is hilarious :rofl:

Also Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius summed it up perfectly with that post, DOA wasn't solely about autotune use, the lyrics are right there.

This is around the same era Nas dropped hiphop is dead, there was a lot of rapid change going on & people highlighted it. in hindsight some were welcomed changes but a lot has evolved into the BS we see from some artist today

T-Pain hate has always been unwarranted. He never really portrayed himself as an R&B singer anyways, so I dunno why so many R&B singers were in their feelings. Dude just made hits and was a solid hook man. Other people tried to use auto tune and they were still wack, so you can’t just sprinkle it on a song and make it fire.

Crazy thing is he can sing pretty good without autotune . I remember seeing him in concert back in the day and he was singing without auto tune and playing the piano

The hilarious part of dudes getting upset over this, when rap has always been a backlash about what's popular or selling.

Dudes are just as sensitive as the moist music they listen too. That's why a simp like Drake is number one in this generation.

Now you need to hand out trophies to everyone and not say trash music is trash music or dudes need to stop copying and get their own identity.

giphy (1).gif

Again, think ya'll took it way too literal. :lol:

I get the point of the song, it was just corny to me :lol:

A lot of the **** he was talking about Kanye helped bring in tbh

Rap runs off trends and movements, some last a few years, some last a decade.

Last edited:
I’m confused auto-tune is still very prevalent and used by all the top artists. Also Death to Auto was and will always be a horrible track.
I think the angle being taken is real artists and real musicians were disappointed in T-Pain for "ruining" music especially since auto-tune is here to stay.

So it's like them saying you changed music in a bad way and it can never turn back.

If you take it seriously, that's a lot.

Back
Top Bottom