Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Having pop/girl records don’t make you better... s**** just means the label marketed you better.

Rap is of the streets, therefore street opinions matter more than “sells” or opinions of fickle fans. Beans really was like the east coast lil boosie. That man was AMAZING with the pen. NORE got bangers though. Beans edges him out because his pen was just better. That man is an elite rapper.

I love Nore’s personality and music. But at their peak, I feel like Beans got love nationwide. In the west, east, gulf coast, south, etc. Nore ain’t have that type of nationwide appeal. He probably got more love in the islands or Central America due to his heritage but nah. I’m fighting anybody about Beans legacy

I can definitely see a chance Beans wins

but Nore's biggest hits are also not pop or girl records, they're hard

Beans would have a hard time beating Super Thug, Oh No, Nothin and Grimey, Bang Bang because of their energy

Then I Love My Life, The Reunion, The Way We Live....

Hell he can throw in his hook stuff the way others have

but not sure if this battle is going to happen

Both are looking flabby and sick in 2021

Beans with the voice issue and Nore looks more like Snoop than old Papi
My guy thekillerj23 thekillerj23 and I were having this conversation a couple days back and I'd argue that Beans can play

Roc the Mic
Feel it In the Air
It's On
1-900-Hustler
What We do
Guess Who's Back
Nothing Like It

And the list actually goes on. For every pop hit that Nore has, Beans has a street record that might make thugs cry.

Recently when I was gonna dip into my beat off bag, I pulled up the video above^ to assist me until objective me appeared & told me to "watch her other stuff", and I did. Then found & I listened this which sent me down an Enchanting rabbit hole in efforts to find her pre 1017 projects that are seemingly scrubbed offline:

I want to know why the **** is she rapping? I mean, guess it's good for what it is, but it doesn't stand out in a lane that's oversaturated while her singing **** is the complete opposite. It's legit innovative and good, and it could... nah it would put her next to Jhene, Summer Walker, & Baylani. That's a different, BIGGER, & a more consistent/sustainable bag.

Radric needs to send her to Texas to w/ a quality budget for a 6 or 7 song ep w/ 2 rap features at most, film 2 intimate music videos for it, then watch his flower turn into a garden. Wild how I stopped sexualizing her after finding out she's talented apart from the generic **** :lol:

My guy thekillerj23 thekillerj23 and I were having this conversation a couple days back and I'd argue that Beans can play

Roc the Mic
Feel it In the Air
It's On
1-900-Hustler
What We do
Guess Who's Back
Nothing Like It

And the list actually goes on. For every pop hit that Nore has, Beans has a street record that might make thugs cry.

“Might”??? Beans gone have n_ bawlinggggg! That man have you feeling like you in a episode of the magic School bus. Have n_ traveling through organs and s***, feeling and seeing all the pain

Having pop/girl records don’t make you better... s**** just means the label marketed you better.

Rap is of the streets, therefore street opinions matter more than “sells” or opinions of fickle fans. Beans really was like the east coast lil boosie. That man was AMAZING with the pen. NORE got bangers though. Beans edges him out because his pen was just better. That man is an elite rapper.

I love Nore’s personality and music. But at their peak, I feel like Beans got love nationwide. In the west, east, gulf coast, south, etc. Nore ain’t have that type of nationwide appeal. He probably got more love in the islands or Central America due to his heritage but nah. I’m fighting anybody about Beans legacy

Nore doesn't have pop or girl records though. So you can't even compare him to Fab. He has five DMX type amped records that are street records.

NORE got outshined on damn near all his features/posse cuts.

His delivery/cadence was always unorthodox, cool as hell, his lingo and how he’d flip flop using Spanish and English was always dope to me. But beans was out of this world with that penmanship

NORE got outshined on damn near all his features/posse cuts.

His delivery/cadence was always unorthodox, cool as hell, his lingo and how he’d flip flop using Spanish and English was always dope to me. But beans was out of this world with that penmanship

Nobody is watching a Versus for lyrics

Nobody is watching a Versus for lyrics

If Jay had a Verzuz, it wouldn’t be for lyrics? If Nas had a verzuz, it wouldn’t be for lyrics? Please help me understand....

Rae and Ghost verzuz wasn’t about lyrics? ? Or Fab/Jada? What is VERzuz about then?

If Jay had a Verzuz, it wouldn’t be for lyrics? If Nas had a verzuz, it wouldn’t be for lyrics? Please help me understand....

Rae and Ghost verzuz wasn’t about lyrics? ? Or Fab/Jada? What is VERzuz about then?

Have you actually watched any of them :lol:

It's based on the general consensus of the song. Give me 2 rappers you mutually like on the same level from around the same time period.

The general consensus drawn a conclusion based on... the songs lyrics, correct? If not, how do they draw an opinion? Help me.

Back
Top Bottom