Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Fall for WHAT? It’s facts. 50 not seeing T.I. that ain’t no debate. 50 act like his music so legendary like bruh, NO ONE PLAYS your music. Except frat houses or bars that do karoke or have modern juke boxes with “In da club”.

50 should’ve actually went against Ross or Jeezy....

New Yorkers shying away from competition??? That’s the argument now???
bro you acting like people play TIP tracks though

havent heard one of his records played anywhere in a long time, i still hear songs feat 50 played on the radio ex: the woo

IMO ti no seeing 50 in a verzus but it depends on the crowd, if they doing it in new york 50 getting more crown reception
if its in the south ti is

I’m not gonna be mad at JD holding himself to the highest regard when it comes to music production because objectively speaking, he’s up there. How high up there he is would be a matter of opinion, but ****ttt. Dude rightfully believes in himself. Can’t be mad at that.

Now if he gets on a versus stage and gets mopped up, well… you asked for this. :lol:

But I noticed a trend with the versus when it comes to NY vs Atlanta acts. Atlanta seems to have that little brother complex. We’ve seen this city dominate the rap/hip hop for the better part of the last 20 years, but they always fall for the bait when it comes to NY. No matter how big the cultural influence of Atlanta becomes in this music space, cats like TI and JD get on extra defensive mode when they’re pitted again someone from NY. 50 made one ig post about TI not seeing him, and TI spent a week talking about it. Visibly peeved. As someone who’s from NY and lives down here in Atlanta, I never understand why they fall for it every time. Like… fam y’all are winning right now and have been for a while. You don’t have to compete with ******. :lol:
It's wild strange. Biggest chips on their shoulders and acting like they still haven't made it.
Fall for WHAT? It’s facts. 50 not seeing T.I. that ain’t no debate. 50 act like his music so legendary like bruh, NO ONE PLAYS your music. Except frat houses or bars that do karoke or have modern juke boxes with “In da club”.

50 should’ve actually went against Ross or Jeezy....

New Yorkers shying away from competition??? That’s the argument now???
Joe Budden broke it down easily.

Curtis said no to T.I. but when Busta was like okay I'll take you on Tip, let's go. T.I said nah and backed off.
kind of like how 50 does....? 50 been ranting on Jeezy, ross and floyd mayweather for years so no, you aren’t making sense...

50 cent and New Yorkers like to egg s*** on. But when they meet someone who’s longwinded from another region, then they get defensive. NYers loveeeee to talk and argue. So miss me with it.

When y’all run into someone with just as much gift of gab, then it’s an issue...
It was about verzuz tho. Curtis said FOH and didn't speak on it again. Treated T.I. like he was unworthy and T.I. fell for it.

Curtis going after Ross was about him trying to **** on Ross and drum up some controversy for his projects.

You talking about two different things.

Last edited:
It's wild strange. Biggest chips on their shoulders and acting like they still haven't made it.

Joe Budden broke it down easily.

Curtis said no to T.I. but when Busta was like okay I'll take you on Tip, let's go. T.I said nah and backed off.

It was about verzuz tho. Curtis said FOH and didn't speak on it again. Treated T.I. like he was unworthy and T.I. fell for it.

Curtis going after Ross was about him trying to **** on Ross and drum up some controversy for his projects.

T.I wasn’t afraid of Busta.... why 50 won’t battle Buata??? 50 dodging everyone in a Verzuz

Ya’ll got sooooo many stipulations for 50 cents mediocrity. Now it ain’t about music??? 50 beefed with Ross, Jeezy, and Cam... but none of the beef was about music?? Ya’ll KILL ME, smh :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can understand the Ja beef being personal. That was beyond rap.

but he beefs with ross to DRUM UP CONTROVERSY??? :lol: :lol: :lol: trash *** music. Y’all give that garbage a*** ***** a pass all the time

Yes he is. Mans was quick to say no cuz he knows he would get washed.

Nobody has suggested Curtis vs. Busta.

T.I. Ain’t getting washed by Busta.

f*** a suggestion. 50 calls out everyone else. Call out busta.

50 know his music is A***!!! Ain’t nobody ducking 50 cent in a verzuz! Nobody ducking his terrible *** music

Ya’ll got sooooo many stipulations for 50 cents mediocrity. Now it ain’t about music??? 50 beefed with Ross, Jeezy, and Cam... but none of the beef was about music?? Ya’ll KILL ME, smh :lol: :lol: :lol:
***** what are you reading?

Where do I say its not about music?

You mad lost right now.

We was talking about T.I going after Curtis for a whole week to do a verzuz while Curtis just said FOH and moved on.

Then you brought up him going after Ross. That has nothing to do with verzuz. That was when Curtis was dissing anybody trying to create controversy before his albums were about to drop.

Those are two different things during two different periods. They have nothing to do with each other.

but he beefs with ross to DRUM UP CONTROVERSY??? :lol: :lol: :lol: trash *** music. Y’all give that garbage a*** ***** a pass all the time
Yes, so his fans could buy his ****. They didn't work. Every time Curtis was about to drop an album he'd get in to some fake beef with any popular rapper; Cam, Ross, Game, etc.

You don't even know what you're talking about anymore.
T.I. Ain’t getting washed by Busta.
Then why T.I. say no so quickly?

He backed down cuz he know he can't win.

f*** a suggestion. 50 calls out everyone else. Call out busta.
I really don't know what you're even talking about.

Curtis makes tv shows now. When's the last time he dropped an album? Why would he call out Busta for a verzuz.

He's not chasing a verzuz check so why would he call anyone out?

50 know his music is A***!!! Ain’t nobody ducking 50 cent in a verzuz! Nobody ducking his terrible *** music
Curtis music being bad doesn't have anything to do with T.I talking about that ***** online for a week after he already said no.

Don't got nothing to do with T.I backing down when Busta challenged him either.

Please make some sense.

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik why 50 backed down from TI then? Since you want to hit home your point about TI ducking Busta....

Why 50 afraid of TI???
Cuz I don't think Curtis is ever going to do a verzuz.

The only one that should've happened was Ja vs. Curtis. That ship has sailed. Maybe Game vs. Curtis for the pettiness. He'd lose that too though.

When he said no to T.I. he made it seem like T.I wasn't on his level but even if he was Curtis would still lose if he did it.

I think you got it in your head that Curtis is going around calling ppl out to do a verzuz. He's not. T.I. called him out and he said **** outta here.

Same **** with Ja and Joe. Curtis saw it, made his lil comment when he was brought up and left it at that.

Nobody really wants to see Curtis in a verzuz especially if he ain't playing the mixtape joints. **** would get stale fast.

Last edited:
One thing I think is that 50 can't turn it off. He can play around on the internet. But all that he he he and joking around that dudes do, he ain't doing that in person. Things would go left quick.

and TI has Napoleon complex going on

The funny thing is afterwards TI came away like he accomplished something

Only went through a small sample of the responses, but they were not pro-Drake in this comparison :lol:

Being a Drake fan, no one is touching MJ
Sure, the stats may say otherwise (numbers don’t lie) but it’s two totally different landscapes

Thriller sold what, 25 mil+ and counting? And that’s majority/mainly physical copies. Imagine that in streams with todays metrics

Is Drake a GOAT of his generation? Sure, but touching MJ in impact/sound/music etc…nah

Being a Drake fan, no one is touching MJ
Sure, the stats may say otherwise (numbers don’t lie) but it’s two totally different landscapes

Thriller sold what, 25 mil+ and counting? And that’s majority/mainly physical copies. Imagine that in streams with todays metrics

Is Drake a GOAT of his generation? Sure, but touching MJ in impact/sound/music etc…nah

Yeah, it’s basically unfair to compare MJ to anyone in that way. His popularity at his peak is unlike anything else I’ve experienced in my lifetime. I was only 8 when Thriller came out, but even I could understand how huge Michael was at that time.

Them bloggers, podcasts and Drake d*** pullers never acknowledged how watered down and sorry this era of music is.

MJ was literally out there battling the greats of the greats of that era! Morris day, prince, groups like shalamar and the debarges, teddy Pendergast, babyface, etc. I didn’t even mention the female artists. S*** was wayyyyyyyy more competitive.

As we say in the Sports threads, Drake out here competing with plumbers, roofers, and sous chefs

MJ peak was wild. Like I still distinctly remember the premiere of the Thriller video on TV. Was a legitimate national event that people planned to stay home for.

Back
Top Bottom