Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I was listening to an interview recently (forgot who it was) and he mentioned that no rapper ever died when they used the NOI as their security. He said stuff always goes left when they stop using the NOI and switch to "homeboy security"

I was listening to an interview recently (forgot who it was) and he mentioned that no rapper ever died when they used the NOI as their security. He said stuff always goes left when they stop using the NOI and switch to "homeboy security"
I think I heard that also. I think it was related to the Puff incident at the Vibe party.

So how do y'all feel about going to concerts these days?

It's pretty crazy, because you're really only safe to go to either a Drake or Cole type show or old school show(Rakim, KRS, Kane)

After Pac and Biggie there was a period of no major tours until Hardknock and Up In Smoke and I wonder if it's going to get like that again. This is getting out of hand.

This is sort of crazy

That's why dudes need to watch when they call people snitches publicly, because their name is in their paper work doesn't necessarily mean they willingly snitched. They set dudes up with informants in jail recording conversations.

Dudes also need to be more aware of the techniques they use. They incriminate themselves way too much on social media. Why are you shooting a gun on Facebook? Everyone has a gun, you aren't impressing or surprising anyone. Matching the gun, because your dumb *** wants to shoot at the ceiling. But the civilian in me says it's a good thing dudes are idiots.

I hated the way he was moving and the energy he was putting out. Wanted bro to get out of Cali to escape the BS. Honestly, I expected this, but it still sucks.
This. Deep down I knew it was a matter of time, and like the other person posted, I felt like something was going to happen at his bday. Something felt off when I saw him posting his set time for the festival yesterday, and here we are. RIP to dude. Whether this has something to do with YG and his people or not, I expect it to get tricky in those LA streets.

It's pretty crazy, because you're really only safe to go to either a Drake or Cole type show or old school show(Rakim, KRS, Kane)

After Pac and Biggie there was a period of no major tours until Hardknock and Up In Smoke and I wonder if it's going to get like that again. This is getting out of hand.

There ain’t a new artist after Kendrick who show Id even wanna go to knowing the different types of fanbases ****** attract. Maybe Thug.

Even if I like Carti or Uzi or Kodak or 21 music I’m cool on going to a concert where a bunch of whiteboys jumping around all sweaty and **** :lol:

Feel like I wouldn’t have any problems at a Gibbs Spitta Dom Ross or ofc a Kendrick/Cole/Kanye/Drake/Wayne show

There ain’t a new artist after Kendrick who show Id even wanna go to knowing the different types of fanbases ****** attract. Maybe Thug.

Even if I like Carti or Uzi or Kodak or 21 music I’m cool on going to a concert where a bunch of whiteboys jumping around all sweaty and **** :lol:

Feel like I wouldn’t have any problems at a Gibbs Spitta Dom Ross or ofc a Kendrick/Cole/Kanye/Drake/Wayne show

Just gotta know what’s up when you pop out and know about what the artists are into.

I honestly do shows with assigned seating. I’ve always been like that though, don’t care to have people too much in my personal space or moshing or any of that

I went to a Cole show 2 months ago, security didn’t even bother letting anyone thru the metal detector :lol: they let a crowd of us straight through

This is sort of crazy

That's why dudes need to watch when they call people snitches publicly, because their name is in their paper work doesn't necessarily mean they willingly snitched. They set dudes up with informants in jail recording conversations.

Dudes also need to be more aware of the techniques they use. They incriminate themselves way too much on social media. Why are you shooting a gun on Facebook? Everyone has a gun, you aren't impressing or surprising anyone. Matching the gun, because your dumb *** wants to shoot at the ceiling. But the civilian in me says it's a good thing dudes are idiots.

All these n_ clowns. They literally tell on themselves on all social media platforms... then holler about someone snitching.

Modern day human beings are real idiot s

And y’all know I’m one of the most s*** talking-esque people on here. That energy comes with a LOT of beef. Especially if the person on the other end is sensitive or catches feelings real fast.

I don’t even joke with certain people. A lady got mad at me in traffic one day. She rolled her window down, started rapping and I responded. I started clowning on her and cracking on her bad teeth.

She flashed her pistol and I shut up. Some people ain’t built to get ridiculed. I try and keep my mouth closed now

So basically it’s an age thing. Kendrick, Cole, Gibbs, Spitta, Kanye, and Drake appeal to a different demographic than Carti, Kodak, Uzi and 21.

I wanna go to a show but I have no interest in taking an Omicron bath.

Imagine paying to see a Dom Kennedy show though 🤣

Back
Top Bottom