Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wasn’t Trick first song Scarred w/ Luke? I remember that **** like yesterday was I was living in Miami. My aunt played the hell out of that joint :lol:

Did R&B start in the 90's?

Please educate yourself. This statement is wildly crazy and why many older people look down on younger people.
My pops put me on a lot of **** from the 80s/70s but is there really a single person seeing him hit for hit? I know you have groups like the Temptations, Stylistics, EWF, Isleys etc. but those are groups. I don’t include MJ cause he’s pop and I admit I’m not too familiar with Prince and not sure if he’s also fall into the pop category. Again, I’m talking hit for hit, 20 songs minimum.

My pops put me on a lot of **** from the 80s/70s but is there really a single person seeing him hit for hit? I know you have groups like the Temptations, Stylistics, EWF, Isleys etc. but those are groups. I don’t include MJ cause he’s pop and I admit I’m not too familiar with Prince and not sure if he’s also fall into the pop category. Again, I’m talking hit for hit, 20 songs minimum.

Stevie Wonder has literally been making music since before he was a teenager

Stevie Wonder has literally been making music since before he was a teenager
Fair. I guess then we should say modern R&B or 90s era or something else cause I doubt people want to see R. Kelly vs. guys like Stevie, Ray Charles (RIP), Sam Cooke etc. no disrespect to them but their music is totally different and probably wouldn’t make for a good Verzuz against Kelly’s music.

Back
Top Bottom