Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

No Mase = No Kanye No Drake (at his best in the late 2000’s-early 2010’s) No Fab and No Pusha

We could have done WITHOUT Drake in hip hop so if nothing else Mase now gets negative points for that.
No Cam, no dipset.

Mase set the tone for the Neptunes run

Mase did more in a short span than most _'s do they whole career.

Negative champ. It was Nore with Superthug that set the tone for the Neptunes RUN. Yes I know Superthug came a few months after but Neptunes got famous off of that track alone.

He's not black

He's irrelevant to our culture to speak on Joe or Kai

It's crazy that they have absolutely no talent gets you rich now. Life will come at these kids fast.
Yea thought about the whole streaming thing with these youngins a while back…they’ll be washed/old/uncool by 25 hope they smart with the bread and ready to pivot by then else they got a quarter life crisis coming :lol:

We could have done WITHOUT Drake in hip hop so if nothing else Mase now gets negative points for that.

Negative champ. It was Nore with Superthug that set the tone for the Neptunes RUN. Yes I know Superthug came a few months after but Neptunes got famous off of that track alone.

Looking At Me is more inline with the type of records Chad and Pharrell made with everybody else.

It’ll be interesting to see how the streamers maintain relevancy over the next few years. Right now they’ve got the younger segment of the rap demo in a chokehold… but they’ll get older… As will their audience. Nothing wrong with enjoying your youth. They’re making millions and having a blast. Can’t be mad at them capitalizing off of the landscape. But if they don’t have a way to pivot as time progresses, that stream will dry up (no pun).

It’ll be interesting to see how the streamers maintain relevancy over the next few years. Right now they’ve got the younger segment of the rap demo in a chokehold… but they’ll get older… As will their audience. Nothing wrong with enjoying your youth. They’re making millions and having a blast. Can’t be mad at them capitalizing off of the landscape. But if they don’t have a way to pivot as time progresses, that stream will dry up (no pun).
They can just pivot to reality tv. Taurean prince looking dude can start dating ice spice and vh1 checks come

Looking At Me is more inline with the type of records Chad and Pharrell made with everybody else.

You said started the Neptunes RUN. The record that kicked things off for them was Superthug.

When I think of Neptunes records or records that have the Neptunes SOUND……I think of Superthug, U Don’t Have to Call, I Just Wanna Love U and others. Looking at Me doesn’t even make the Neptunes Top 10 records.

Honestly don't think these streamers going to age out like y'all think....

This isn't a fad, it's how kids consume media now. They didn't just start making bread like this, it's been going on for about 5+ years now. To assume they will fall off would be assuming social media is going to die and we all know that's not the case.

Kai and them got a bigger pull on the youth and pop culture than 98% of rappers.

This isn't a fad, it's how kids consume media now. They didn't just start making bread like this, it's been going on for about 5+ years now. To assume they will fall off would be assuming social media is going to die and we all know that's not the case.

Kai and them got a bigger pull on the youth and pop culture than 98% of rappers.
Yea, one of the rare times where WASHED KING WASHED KING is right :lol:. The game has changed. There’s a reason why 21 went on the stream in the first place. The smart streamers will just evolve with their crowd and jump on whatever the next phase of this is.

Lots of facts here, the influencers/streamers are here to stay for the long haul. Just have to accept it and move on. Yea that Kai guy was being super arrogant saying he didn't know who tf Killer Mike was but obviously he's saying that since it's not a well known rapper like Drake or Kendrick that won. He likely knows who Mike is and was just saying that stuff for attention. We don't have to listen to these kids doing non-traditional media, reporting, etc. The line between non-traditional and traditional coverage gets blurred by the day. In a way having so many outlets to hear news is a gift and a curse.

Yea, one of the rare times where WASHED KING WASHED KING is right :lol:. The game has changed. There’s a reason why 21 went on the stream in the first place. The smart streamers will just evolve with their crowd and jump on whatever the next phase of this is.

I'm right up here all the time. I just say the uncomfortable truth so it rubs people the wrong way occasionally. We will see Kai in a major motion picture acting before the year 2027.

The word Rizz? That was them. Y'all remember in 2020 when NY drill was getting sturdy was running rampant? Yeah the rappers were doing it but it doesn't get nearly as big as it does without him. Rappers aren't hitting radio stations on album tours anymore they're pulling up to Kai's stream. Kid's literally come out of their mothers womb now with an iphone and a Twitch account.

I don’t think streaming will stop but I assume it’ll be new folks that are next up…Like I said before they gotta pivot at some point because it’s highly doubtful they gon be getting the same bread at 27 doing the same thing they was doing at 19 when it comes to entertainment/media

They’ll be the old folks in that lane that they clown now if they still on the same stuff

I don’t think streaming will stop but I assume it’ll be new folks that are next up…Like I said before they gotta pivot at some point because it’s highly doubtful they gon be getting the same bread at 27 doing the same thing they was doing at 19 when it comes to entertainment/media

They’ll be the old folks in that lane that they clown now if they still on the same stuff

This. The arrogance of youth leads one to believe that they’ll never get older. IIRC, Uzi said anyone older than 25 is old. :lol: Mf’s really forget that they too have birthdays, and the goal is to be fortunate enough to see as many of them as possible.

I’d chance a bet that a lot of us in this very thread can remember a time where we looked at others in their 30s and thought that was old. Now look at us. :lol:

All we’re saying is that these kids will grow up, their audience will grow up with them, and a new generation will come to prominence. If the current group of them have their wits about them, they’ll be planning for that new wave, and figure out ways to make these current day millions work for them for the long haul.

Edit: A quick google search let me know that Uzi’s now 28. :lol:

Last edited:

I imagine it'll follow a similar path as Youtube. It's not all that different. A lot of OG youtubers fell off because their fanbase and the online landscape evolved while their content didn't. Others have evolved their content and remain relevant. And of course many new creators continue to rise up all the time.
Streaming has been a thing for well over a decade, there's a good reason Amazon bought Twitch back in 2014 for roughly a billion dollars.

Anyone catch the Run DMC doc on Peacock? I watched it a couple days back and while a solid watch they do gloss over much of their career after Down With The King. They just said DMC had depression, turned to booze and then JMJ died. Their style was one of the most influential in the late 80's though.

You said started the Neptunes RUN. The record that kicked things off for them was Superthug.

When I think of Neptunes records or records that have the Neptunes SOUND……I think of Superthug, U Don’t Have to Call, I Just Wanna Love U and others. Looking at Me doesn’t even make the Neptunes Top 10 records.

I can see both sides but Ironically it’s like arguing whether this or “This Can’t Be Life”/“The Truth” /“Poppa was a playa” put Ye on

Anyone catch the Run DMC doc on Peacock? I watched it a couple days back and while a solid watch they do gloss over much of their career after Down With The King. They just said DMC had depression, turned to booze and then JMJ died. Their style was one of the most influential in the late 80's though.

I started, but didn't finish when I saw it was like three episodes. I saw 9th Wonder mention it.

Dj Ak didn't age out and he's a "old _" so all this is true.

I can see both sides but Ironically it’s like arguing whether this or “This Can’t Be Life”/“The Truth” /“Poppa was a playa” put Ye on

The thing is Looking At Me sounds like the Neptunes run. Nothing else really sounded like Super Thug.

Back
Top Bottom