Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I hate the Eminem influence in him. That's why it took me a minute to get into him

It's not just the accent with him.

At least I can say Em before 8 mile was a monster with crazy wordplay, flow, and skillset at rapping and all that just his subject matter was not something I could connect with.

I just don't find Kendricks music enjoyable like at all at all and I used to try to force it so I could see what everyone else is hyping dude up to be.

As I said his accent, voice changing just makes his music not enjoyable to me. Also, his flow like I don't know if it's because I used to like a coherent flow from listening to years of Biggie, Nas, Pac, Snoop, and Jay.

It started with the off beat stuff with Silk the Shocker then it became like mainstream and accepted with Lil B now all these new rappers with the off beat non alignment Nike Air is all over rap now because of maybe Wayne and the punch it style sessions but even Wayne had a normal flow.

Everyone cracking on Cole and Drake but at least they have enjoyable music to listen to that's not all over the place.

Believe me I want to see what everyone sees in Kendrick and I know it's really bad when me and antidope antidope share an opinion on something because he's way left field but I don't know why I can't get into dudes music.

At least I can say Em before 8 mile was a monster with crazy wordplay, flow, and skillset at rapping and all that just his subject matter was not something I could connect with.

I just don't find Kendricks music enjoyable like at all at all and I used to try to force it so I could see what everyone else is hyping dude up to be.

As I said his accent, voice changing just makes his music not enjoyable to me. Also, his flow like I don't know if it's because I used to like a coherent flow from listening to years of Biggie, Nas, Pac, Snoop, and Jay.

It started with the off beat stuff with Silk the Shocker then it became like mainstream and accepted with Lil B now all these new rappers with the off beat non alignment Nike Air is all over rap now because of maybe Wayne and the punch it style sessions but even Wayne had a normal flow.

Everyone cracking on Cole and Drake but at least they have enjoyable music to listen to that's not all over the place.

Believe me I want to see what everyone sees in Kendrick and I know it's really bad when me and antidope antidope share an opinion on something because he's way left field but I don't know why I can't get into dudes music.

That's how I feel about Drake.

What's crazy is Drake fans still boostin that Meek Mill beef like it was impressive.

That's like winning a fight against the kid in the special classes. Akademiks putting belt to a** on Meek right now. Bro ran from Pusha....had bars for Meg. It's looking scary for dude right now. He's probably going to make an IG post and that's it.
Had bars for Meg but ain’t responded to her saying he gets the same surgery as women
IMG_2738.gif

All over the place? Nonsense.

GKMC is a classic. Definition of enjoyable.

Some of that Kendrick hype comes from people being contrarians against Cole/Drake (within the ‘Big 3’ narrative)…it is what it is people won’t keep it honest, he talented but the pedestal and “fake deep” plight people place on him shows that.

Some in here would argue they even prefer Future’s catalog over Kendrick but the narrative won’t put Future within that Big 3 though his consistency, catalog and run was concurrent with Kendrick/Cole/Drake

Last edited:
Honestly Kendricks first album miss was his last joint, and by miss I mean it came and went. Wasn't bad just wasn't memorable. I can't think of one Drake album that has came close to the quality of GKMC, TPAB, or DAMN.

Maybe Take Care but that was really the Weeknd's work with Aubrey's name on it.

Last edited:
Honestly Kendricks first album miss was his last joint, and by miss I mean it came and went. Wasn't bad just wasn't memorable. I can't think of one Drake album that has came close to the quality of GKMC, TPAB, or DAMN.

Maybe Take Care but that was really the Weeknd's work with Aubrey's name on it.

Take Care & NWTS. None of Drake's other albums really moved me.

Aren't they releasing a part 2 next week?
It would be dope if they had a Drake and/or Cole response verse on that one.

Don’t see Cole responding. He gon take it for what it is. Competition. Drake will continue to throw subs. To Pusha as well.

Back
Top Bottom