Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wale wasn’t likable or popular. His music was flat and wack. Some of what you listed might be true but a few are not.

And this is the **** I’m talking about. Most people saw this drop and didn’t think of Wale. Why would anyone think of Wale for a popular shoe and a popular color? NO ONE IS BUYING FOAMS CAUSE OF WA ****IN LE.

As someone not from the DMV and was an infant when Penny was playing I think it’s safe to say Wale absolutely put people on Foams under a certain age who didn’t catch the original wave. He at least started the catalyst for them to be brought back and whored out lol

In the 2000’s as a kid from the South before I really got into shoes I didn’t hear about Foams until you saw Wale rocking them towards the end of the decade. It was Forces Bapes them fusions :lol: and J’s

I’m sure people in like Spitta age range been knew because Penny was Penny, but think about the people a baby during Penny playing days + people not from the DMV. You absolutely associate Foams with Wale

SP hit the nail on the head imo. Some folks are true hip hop fans and wanted to see the lyrical exchange. Some folks are adults and are leaning toward the “ehh… it’s whatever” train of thought. The older you get, the more you realize how valuable peace of mind really is. I can see how someone would want to dial it back if they realize that they’re doing something that really isn’t about ****.

The problem is, Cole did this to himself

Everyone, outside of drake Stans, was clownin drake for the Kendrick verse

Ain’t no one was expecting cole to respond.. but he did and then couldn’t take the heat

Rappers been doing that since the 90s though :lol:
True but they don't go back and forth like cole has. He's had verses about his wife then rap about pros on the next project verse. His esthetic doesn't even match the thot talk at this point in his career.

Nobody cares about Soulja Boy is the difference.
Nobody cares about either honestly

And to keep it 100, Soulja atleast at one point was doing stadiums, I don't think headlining but still doing them, not to mention his chart successes

Wale was never doing arenas even as an opener as far as I can recall, chart wise and commercially they aren't even in the same hemisphere

Nobody cares about either honestly

And to keep it 100, Soulja atleast at one point was doing stadiums, I don't think headlining but still doing them, not to mention his chart successes

Wale was never doing arenas even as an opener as far as I can recall, chart wise and commercially they aren't even in the same hemisphere

Y’all are being ridiculous

Any ***** who actually care about rap music would have rather Wale career

Wale has bonafide hits on at least 3-4 albums and probably a few 100k first week sales, two arguably classic mixtapes

Soulja boy had 2 hot albums and then became a laughing stock from like 2011-2012 until now literally

Y’all are being ridiculous

Any ***** who actually care about rap music would have rather Wale career

Wale has bonafide hits on at least 3-4 albums and probably a few 100k first week sales, two arguably classic mixtapes

Soulja boy had 2 hot albums and then became a laughing stock from like 2011-2012 until now literally
Using your own words, Soulja has two more hot albums than 95% of rappers, Wale included

Using your own words, Soulja has two more hot albums than 95% of rappers, Wale included

I’m using ”hot” objectively as far as they made a splash in hip hop at the time with their respective demographics but you seem to have other issues with Wale…. :lol: Objectively Ambition, the Seinfeld joint, the Gifted, Attention Deficit all had big records

“hot soulja boy albums” is ****in crazy :lol: :lol:

I’m just objectively saying that the crank that album and the album with Birdwalk/turn my swag on was the last time Soulja Boy was taken seriously remotely for people to say he’s had a better career than Wale. Wasn’t my favorite sht but I was in like middle school and remember that era/remember people at school had that first Soulja CD lol

I’m using ”hot” objectively as far as they made a splash in hip hop at the time with their respective demographics but you seem to have other issues with Wale…. :lol: Objectively Ambition, the Seinfeld joint, the Gifted, Attention Deficit all had big records
Mixtape about nothing is an all timer, and moved the needle in hop-hop. I am a Wale fan, was one, but lets not sit and pretend he was commercially successfull, much less getting people to purchase Foams outside of Niche places like NT

Attention Defecit sold less than 30k units first week, It didn't even reach halfway to Gold in an era when people were still buying CD's/Itunes

Wale hate is definitely attributed to his attitude. The years of whining publicly about not being recognized as one of the best artists of his generation has rubbed people the wrong way. Instead of criticizing others for not liking him, he should’ve kept putting out quality music that can’t be denied. Now it’s the cool thing to do to hate on dude.

The music is undeniable though. He has a point in thinking that he should be on a higher level, but nobody likes whining *** people.

TAAN > any album from Drake, Cole, or Sean

Dead srs.

Damn. This was April 8th 2019. :lol:

Time flies man.

I stand on that though.

The Album About Nothing >

As someone not from the DMV and was an infant when Penny was playing I think it’s safe to say Wale absolutely put people on Foams under a certain age who didn’t catch the original wave. He at least started the catalyst for them to be brought back and whored out lol

In the 2000’s as a kid from the South before I really got into shoes I didn’t hear about Foams until you saw Wale rocking them towards the end of the decade. It was Forces Bapes them fusions :lol: and J’s

I’m sure people in like Spitta age range been knew because Penny was Penny, but think about the people a baby during Penny playing days + people not from the DMV. You absolutely associate Foams with Wale

I can see that if you not from here Wale wearing foams and having Foamposite references on his music put you on to them. Foams are still pretty much a DMV/Baltimore/NY thing so it makes sense.

I am a Wale fan, was one, but lets not sit and pretend he was commercially successfull, much less getting people to purchase Foams outside of Niche places like NT

There was a moment where Wale had a defined commercial lane but then 2016-2018 happened and that style of rap single became corny to people. Either way to act like bruh was a local musician that never had commercial success is just a lie :lol:

I’m just objectively saying that the crank that album and the album with Birdwalk/turn my swag on was the last time Soulja Boy was taken seriously remotely for people to say he’s had a better career than Wale. Wasn’t my favorite sht but I was in like middle school and remember that era/remember people at school had that first Soulja CD lol

nah I knew what you meant it just read crazy :lol: the goofy ****** was doin the dances and wearing the wild glasses for sure

we were listening to Wale first few tapes hard but I also live in VA. not sure I ever pressed play on a Wale album in my life.

When 7 Min Drill First Dropped I Felt Like There Were a Few Bars On Cole’s Let Go My Hand That Summarized The Response.

If I said I was the toughest growin' up, I would be lyin'
I had a fear of gettin' punched while everybody eyein'
Add to that a constant fear of dyin'
By gunshot wound, the other violent type of endings
I kept a tough demeanor on the surface but was mostly just pretendin'
Luckily my bluff was workin' way more often than not
But sometimes a ***** pulled my card, tryna expose me for a fraud
And with my reputation at stake
I was scufflin' just to save face

After Hearing The Apology I Feel It Completely Reaffirms It For Me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom