Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Anyone got a recap of Kendrick's new track? I don't think I can sit through the 6 mins :lol:

IMG_1121.gif

Clicked his stream, he put up a poll and people were 71% in favor of Kendrick for round 1. He started talking about how judging this round was “going to be more intricate because people are struggling with recency bias” :lol:
Wait are we considering this round 1? I was thinking the start of 2

Best bars said were about him not wifing women and being a dad. Mans said you aren’t about black excellence

Just hate the voice changes.

Yeah my main criticism is im tired of the Kendrick funny voice thing, could have been much better with a more straightforward vocal performance.
also beat is just solid. excellent lyrics, but with the other flaws I can't put it as like an all time diss song.

firmly in the "good" category for me.

Ether and Takeover were special moments, idk why folks use those as a bar for strength.

take what we got in front of us and judge it based on what we witnessing.
Great point . I think this leading to my expectations of this being something it’s not lol. They still using kid gloves imo, been waiting over a decade for this and I think my personal expectations too high

this might be a me thing, but i find the "you not black stuff" corny,

I've always found white music critics attempt to make him the president of black people extremely annoying,
and I always find it lame when Kendrick plays into that.
I think it has less to do with white music critics and more to do with Drake. I’m not really seeing the connection there.

I'm glad he responded, but this was mid. I'm starting to think ****** just gassed over his weird delivery like Eminem.

Should've just had Schoolboy Q do the diss, he would've sounded better these spitting bars.
Nah we're listening to the words. Seems Kendrick is going the pusha route and doing a psychological breakdown. The diss was fire, in fact all the disses have been good from everyone but it feels like everyone is still holding back.

Back
Top Bottom