Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Also I ain’t walk in their shoes but light skins must have it harder than I thought.

Every time it gets repeated I think damn yall struggle with being black that much? Trying to overcompensate constantly? To the point you may be considered a vulture/appropriator? :lol: :smh:

it’s not all of us. think upbringing and light skin stereotypes has a lot to do with it and if you can’t joke back you really in trouble

also a difference between light skin and biracial. I got 4 Black grandparents and ****** been telling me I got dark skin tendencies since I was in like middle school :lol:

I have never had identity issues in my life. my daughter did, her mom is biracial but doesn’t look mixed at all. but she was raised in a white household so she had some issues too that she got over later in life.

my daughter got right living with me from 6 to her teens and being surrounded by us for her real development.

You're doing the thing where you make a broad claim, it’s wrong and then you come back and make a narrow claim to try and assert yourself as being right again. RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

No you're doing the thing where claims you agree with require little to no evidence and claims you don't agree with require 5 page bibliography and 32 citations.

"You definition of classic is wrong because real hip hop heads don't agree"

An obviously bad circular argument, but it sounds good to you because you agree with it.

But if you don't agree with it, the standard of evidence rise to absurd levels.

The thread has repeatedly talked about Drake cosplaying certain tropes of what he perceives Blackness to be. We hav old videos of him mocking Black Canadian slang as ignorant, to present day Drake talking “mob ties” and how he’ll get people touched in his raps, etc. There’s no derangement in questioning how child star from Degrassi Drake went from thinking Black Canadian slang was ignorant to what he does now.

Yah and those arguments respectfully are brain dead. There rooted in classic American myopia of other people and countries.

You just don't like Drake, you don't like that he was the biggest rapper in the world for like 10 years.

WHICH IS FINE. I've certainly been critical of drake post views.

but don't dress hating up in fake sociological analysis of a person's blackness. :lol:

I respect Kendrick because fundamentally he says what it is.

He hates Drake. That's what this is about, he hates him. Which is fine.

But black Americans lecturing people on "authentic blackness" is ultra cringe and lame.

Also I ain’t walk in their shoes but light skins must have it harder than I thought.

Every time it gets repeated I think damn yall struggle with being black that much? Trying to overcompensate constantly? To the point you may be considered a vulture/appropriator? :lol: :smh:

Varies from what I've seen, lightskins with a looser curl pattern struggle with it worse.

My ex was biracial (black mom, white dad) and she as a whole is already an anxiety filled person but her being biracial somehow fueled it too. Shorty used to go on full blown rants.

Drakes core fanbase doesn't help his case either. A Drake concert and a Nav concert got the same fans in the stands.

always mf that aren’t from here talking this **** :lol:

And the funny/sad thing.. it ain’t even a being black thing

I’m from the Bahamas and we always clown people who go off to school or whatever and come back with different accents or acting like they’re from wherever when they only been there for 2 secs

Being fake ain’t a new or exclusive concept

m

You're doing the thing where you make a broad claim, it’s wrong and then you come back and make a narrow claim to try and assert yourself as being right again. RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

The thread has repeatedly talked about Drake cosplaying certain tropes of what he perceives Blackness to be. We hav old videos of him mocking Black Canadian slang as ignorant, to present day Drake talking “mob ties” and how he’ll get people touched in his raps, etc. There’s no derangement in questioning how child star from Degrassi Drake went from thinking Black Canadian slang was ignorant to what he does now.
Respectfully

Please don't mention me in here. :lol:

I want no parts of this silly *** argument, regarding this corny *** rap beef.

At all.

I hear enough about this nonsense from my cousin. :smh:

Oh those are ghosts..was thinking KKK for a sec lol..
I mean….it could be a double aunt Andre at this point based on how Drake has moved 🤷🏾‍♂️

Kendrick clearly throwing another log on the fire of Drake’s blackness and upbringing being questioned, but social media goofies think he’s talking about skin tone and calling Kendrick a colorist :rofl: :rofl:

Nah I think they just some ol 'low vibration' *** dudes. You not getting more than a quick one liner from Mase.They just wanna hear "Your rhymes are wack and you girl ugly" type dudes.
This but
Drake has something going on with some of these dudes like Gillie caping for him
this too

1714571522264.png

aubz also bought Cam's pink fur and **** iirc

Respectfully

Please don't mention me in here. :lol:

I want no parts of this silly *** argument, regarding this corny *** rap beef.

At all.

I hear enough about this nonsense from my cousin. :smh:
Respectfully

F your feelings and s/o to your cousin but we got evil rusty aka the ****trarian in here typing paragraphs I won't reply to (or even read for that matter), we need you to restore the balance, decorum and (some) traditions need to be upheld around these parts. #OnNT #DoItForBook

Back
Top Bottom