Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1714600627548.png

Allegedly, this is one of the e-mails for the cease-and-desist of "like that" for radio play.

Last edited:
Most surprising to me was the alleged Cease & Desist letter sent to block Like That.
Remember, Ross brought up a different C&D letter too but the one Ross was talking about allegedly was sent to French Montana.

If true, that's beyond lame.

That and the cease and desist on like dat is under discussed rn

not sure if mentioned, but some people on ktt2 speculates it's "Pop Champange" that they tried to use to C&D "Like That"

we poppin' champagne like we won a championship game

vs

ball like I won a championship game

Oh damn.

"His daddy a killer" is referring to J Prince praying after Takeoff got killed? My God Kendrick, what have you done?

One of the underrated lines from Euphoria is Drake reaching out to Dot for a feature. That was surprising.

After the beef kicked off multiple cats said that they've heard from reliable sources that the original plan for First Person Shooter was for it to be all three of them. Like Kendrick said on Euphoria, they were saying that he dubbed them and that's why the tone of the song shifted.

No clue when or for what song this would have been sent.

Splash Brothers. Ended up on Mac x Cheese 5 this year featuring Wayne and Ross. Drake's verse was from ~2020-2021 though and was shooting at ___s including Kanye, which is probably why he stepped on it.

The problem with using 10 things I hate about you, is Kendrick is questioning dude’s persona

He used a clip from the wiz in euphoria and most people get the DMX reference

It’s like the people who told on themselves when they didn’t get the line Meg used from the temptations
I fully understand what you're saying. It's logical as ****.

Imo, my favorite line in Kendrick's track is
"I like Drake with the melodies
I don't like Drake when he acting tough"
Cuz it's true as ****. My favorite Drake track is Going Home. The perfect dose of Drake, for me, is a feature like She Will.

I don't wanna get too deep, cuz I don't know either of these dudes like that...but if I'm good with Drake being what I assume his real self to be, why look down at the 10 things I hate about you reference? But like I said, I don't know either of these dudes like that so I'm not trying to be that serious about it. I just thought it was a good tie in to the beef. But I hear you about how it's a bad look when tied to the beef.

1714600627548.png

Allegedly, this is one of the e-mails for the cease-and-desist of "like that" for radio play.

Beyond lame if true.

He DEFINITELY talking about the Prince family here

Kendrick doing son dirty. :lol:

Meanwhile dude got some folks out here thinking he’s winning because he posted a clip from 10 things I hate about you.

1714603243339.jpeg

Initially I thought Drake was trynna cease and desist the remix but if it was for the original track that’s such a huge L.

That's fine you can believe that.

But best believe they talk nasty about y'all when you not around.

Burns Boy gave the sanitized version of it saying "you have no culture" stuff.

The sentiment is very real. The idea that you have no culture, your culture is fake / invented by white people/ you not really black.

Don't ask especially older west African what they think about African American names. Many think your culture is fake, and the names are pathetic attempts to have a culture when you actually don't.

I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS. I think it's dumb. But the sentiment is real.
See that’s the thing. Black Americans have never looked to Africans for validation. Seems like Africans get more hung up on the “African” American term than we do and feel the need to create separation. It’s just a formal name on the census for most of us. Black is what we call ourselves culturally. I will agree that America is a bubble that doesn’t recognize the world outside of it which goes back to my point that Black Americans have never cared what Africans have thought of us. Hip Hop is less than 50 years old and recognized and imitated worldwide, us culture-less black folks clearly did something right.

I fully understand what you're saying. It's logical as ****.

Imo, my favorite line in Kendrick's track is
"I like Drake with the melodies
I don't like Drake when he acting tough"
Cuz it's true as ****. My favorite Drake track is Going Home. The perfect dose of Drake, for me, is a feature like She Will.

I don't wanna get too deep, cuz I don't know either of these dudes like that...but if I'm good with Drake being what I assume his real self to be, why look down at the 10 things I hate about you reference? But like I said, I don't know either of these dudes like that so I'm not trying to be that serious about it. I just thought it was a good tie in to the beef. But I hear you about how it's a bad look when tied to the beef.

the problem with the 10 things I hate about you reference is Kendrick is telling the world this is who you truly are

10 things I hate about you barely got any black people in it

Meanwhile wayyyy too many white people got zero clue what the wiz is.. ain’t hard to contrast the movie references

As was mentioned in this thread, the hair always gives it away.. but you can pretty easily tell what certain folks were and weren’t exposed

Back
Top Bottom