Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

see if i was young I would sit here and argue that Rip The Jacker is a classic album and Can-I-Bus is underrated.

but now as an adult I understand that the most difficult to decipher lyrics, dense lyrics are not the only thing that makes rap good. :lol:

we all grow and evolve, perhaps you will too one day. :lol:

Coming from the person who is a stan of a person who makes music for high school girls

The King in the North gettin murked by his inner circle :lol: :wow:

I SEENT THIS STORY BEFORE
IMG_0942.gif

Coming from the person who is a stan of a person who makes music for high school girls

:rofl:

yah we all know the manliest form argument is the aggrieved insult.

ol boy dominated your country for 15 years

and you your room HEATED typing
"but but but hE mAkEs mUsiC fOr gIrlS"

:rofl:

yah we all know the manliest form argument is the aggrieved insult.

ol boy dominated your country for 15 years

and you your room HEATED typing
"but but but hE mAkEs mUsiC fOr gIrlS"

No, he dominated and represented your country. He's the 6 God, right?

For that alone I wouldn't like him I were you, crodie.

LL hit Canibus with some short jokes too now that I'm thinking about it

A true staple of battle raps

You're probably right, but you don't see why I find this kendrick thing funny?

I was a hardcore Canibus fan, i was on that internet forum he had dissecting his lyrics, :lol:
nobody outside of very niche spaces was tryna hear about how dense the lyrics were.

the most lyrically dense raps HAVE NEVER carried the day in rap battles.

but now that I guess being a rap nerd is cool? everyone wants to act like the most intricate rhymes that require multiple readings to unravel are what wins a rap battle.

i used to be a much more intolerant rap nerd, but you grow up and you understand making songs that sound good is also important. That's why Im of fan of drake AND kendrick :lol:
Canibus was ahead of his time, without a doubt. If that beef would've happened now, it would've turned out different. I think folks have caught up and this represents the change of the guard. After this they're not going to be able to say, "You short, I smashed your girl and ya momma ugly". The way Kendrick is doing this plays perfectly into the world we live in today. Cats breaking these songs down like a new Marvel movie trailers(Honetly we probably need to verify some of these claims.). EVERYONE can eat off this style podcasters, youtubers, TV show host, news outlets ect.

Canibus was ahead of his time, without a doubt. If that beef would've happened now, it would've turned out different. I think folks have caught up and this represents the change of the guard. After this they're not going to be able to say, "You short, I smashed your girl and ya momma ugly". The way Kendrick is doing this plays perfectly into the world we live in today. Cats breaking these songs down like a new Marvel movie trailers(Honetly we probably need to verify some of these claims.). EVERYONE can eat off this style podcasters, youtubers, TV show host, news outlets ect.

maybe, well see. We await Drake's response.
im a fan of both, so for me this is fun, :lol:

You're probably right, but you don't see why I find this kendrick thing funny?

I was a hardcore Canibus fan, i was on that internet forum he had dissecting his lyrics, :lol:
nobody outside of very niche spaces was tryna hear about how dense the lyrics were.

the most lyrically dense raps HAVE NEVER carried the day in rap battles.

but now that I guess being a rap nerd is cool? everyone wants to act like the most intricate rhymes that require multiple readings to unravel are what wins a rap battle.

i used to be a much more intolerant rap nerd, but you grow up and you understand making songs that sound good is also important. That's why Im of fan of drake AND kendrick :lol:

this is how old anime nerds feel

Is Adonis aka Aiden da OVO mole?
Screenshot_20240503_081636_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom