Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You know even after Meet the Grahams I was like nah it’s viscous but I think Drake can still respond with something. He got one more in him at least

After Not Like Us this **** like an avalanche now. Can’t even yell FIGHT BACK! Cuz he can’t hear us 6ft deep.

He probably gonna let this weekend rock out but he has to drop something dope Monday or Sunday night.

Cuz I don’t think he can do what Dot did and wait two weeks and then drop a few diss songs

Last edited:
These are songs that was already taking off, that's why he jumped on it.

What did Drake have to do with Magic, Turn on the lights, Mask Off, etc? Drake had nothing to do with bad and boujee.

But see this is why Drake moves how he moves. He know people are gonna give him credit if he jumps on something that's already in flight. People use that tired "well outside____ nobody heard it until Drake".
Magic, turn on the lights etc all happen after Tony Montana.
Racks is the track that broke Future. Dirty Sprite is the mixtape that put him on even though he had two before that

U are correct in Racks, although Tony Montana way bigger.

I was a freshman in college when the Migos broke out. That Versace remix got them outta there. My whole freshman dorm was jammin that ***, and the Drake verse at the time was too crazy. That was my first time hearing them. They would have been outta there regardless but Drake def gave them a boost. Future and Lil Baby was already buzzin in Texas before Drake hopped on, that’s facts.

You got to understand bro. This is the internet. ****** are going to rewrite history. Have you noticed the Drake guys can give Kendrick his credit but these fellas can’t? You might as well be talking to a wall fam I’m keeping it 100
Your whole stance this entire time is that you're "independent" and don't favor either side but 80% of your posts are either glazing Drake, 💩 on Kendrick, or saying something about Kendrick fans... I have no problem with you being a Drake fan but stop hiding behind the whole independent act. It's like when people claim to be politically neutral but only get defensive for Trump.

SmartSelect_20240504_214020_Chrome.jpg

Your whole stance this entire time is that you're "independent" and don't favor either side but 80% of your posts are either glazing Drake, 💩 on Kendrick, or saying something about Kendrick fans... I have no problem with you being a Drake fan but stop hiding behind the whole independent act. It's like when people claim to be politically neutral but only get defensive for Trump.
Bro I’ve listened to more Kendrick than you probably have Drake and Cole combined. All 3 are literally rappers I grew up listening to. GKMC dropped my senior year and changed my life. TPAB is my favorite project of his. Drake is my GOAT. However in a rap beef ima have to keep it fair. Cuz this is hip hop.

You got to understand bro. This is the internet. ****** are going to rewrite history. Have you noticed the Drake guys can give Kendrick his credit but these fellas can’t? You might as well be talking to a wall fam I’m keeping it 100

Man I'm trying to keep it objective but the history is out there.

Drake losing for sure but I'm more curious about who fills that space, I don't think Kendrick drops frequently enough to carry that load.

The top guy always drops frequently (Jay, Wayne, Drake), u have to feed your fans and defend off predators.

Magic, turn on the lights etc all happen after Tony Montana.

U are correct in Racks, although Tony Montana way bigger.
Fam I feel like you're being disingenuous... That was the mixtape era. Cats had nationwide hits that never charted because they never officially released. Drake hopped on Tony Montana because it was already being played everywhere. Track was out almost a year before Drake hopped on and it was tearing clubs up. Future's next single was bigger than that and it was a Ti feature... You're giving Aubrey too much credit. With all the guys you mentioned he was riding waves and in future and Migos cases, hopping on songs that were already hot.

Bro I’ve listened to more Kendrick than you probably have Drake and Cole combined. All 3 are literally rappers I grew up listening to. GKMC dropped my senior year and changed my life. TPAB is my favorite project of his. Drake is my GOAT. However in a rap beef ima have to keep it fair. Cuz this is hip hop.
You missed the entire point of my post... You're saying all this but you're only being defensive of anything Drake related and criticizing anything Kendrick related... You're obviously biased in favor of Drake so knock it off with the objective act.

You missed the entire point of my post... You're saying all this but you're only being defensive of anything Drake related and criticizing anything Kendrick related... You're obviously biased in favor of Drake so knock it off with the objective act.
I’ve only been defensive of Drake because of my perceived notion of you guys basically not calling a fair beef. If you guys were meat riding Drake I would have been doing the same for Kendrick buddy. Oh and he’s won this beef btw. This is threw

Fam I feel like you're being disingenuous... That was the mixtape era. Cats had nationwide hits that never charted because they never officially released. Drake hopped on Tony Montana because it was already being played everywhere. Track was out almost a year before Drake hopped on and it was tearing clubs up. Future's next single was bigger than that and it was a Ti feature... You're giving Aubrey too much credit. With all the guys you mentioned he was riding waves and in future and Migos cases, hopping on songs that were already hot.
Nah bro the disadvantage of the mixtape era and music in general pre streaming made it much easier to miss ****.

I've been on NT forever and being honest Future didn't get real praise on this site til the monster era.

If you told me in 2012 that the future that made Racks would be the same dude that could make March Madness I wouldn't have believed you.

Honestly thinking back I remember being surprised in Futures range my first time hearing Turn on the Lights. Future is just a really talented dude I could see a lot of people having different entry points to his music, so maybe I shouldn't credit Drake, but some of these other dudes totally benefitted from that OVO stimmy and that's okay too.

Nah bro the disadvantage of the mixtape era and music in general pre streaming made it much easier to miss ****.

I've been on NT forever and being honest Future didn't get real praise on this site til the monster era.

If you told me in 2012 that the future that made Racks would be the same dude that could make March Madness I wouldn't have believed you.

Honestly thinking back I remember being surprised in Futures range my first time hearing Turn on the Lights. Future is just a really talented dude I could see a lot of people having different entry points to his music, so maybe I shouldn't credit Drake, but some of these other dudes totally benefitted from that OVO stimmy and that's okay too.
I'm referring to your point where you said Drake put these guys on. I've been a future fan since his first mixtape, 1000... He was already on an upward trajectory. There was no putting on, that was a wave hop. Magic, Turn on the lights succeeded that record and we're more commercially successful. Did Future benefit from Drake feature? Sure, but Drake benefitted too. If y'all remember Future was salty at Drake because Drake refused to do the video for that song after using future's wave, I believe Future never really let that go. Baby already had a hit before Drake, 21 too so I'm not sure how you crediting him with those 2. Migos is the only I can Drake can be credited for launching them. I hadn't heard of them before that.

I’ve only been defensive of Drake because of my perceived notion of you guys basically not calling a fair beef. If you guys were meat riding Drake I would have been doing the same for Kendrick buddy. Oh and he’s won this beef btw. This is threw
Fam y'all can't be mad that people are feeling Kendrick's music more and again I haven't seen one person call Drake's disses trash. You are just projecting man.

You giving dude way too much credit... Literally all them cats were rising and that's why Drake latched on. They were already ascending, he just shortened the ascension time. I'll give you Migos and 21... But you are not about to credit this man for Future, Baby, or Gunna
I’m born and raised in GA, Future had Same Damn Time & Racks even before Tony Montana

I'm referring to your point where you said Drake put these guys on. I've been a future fan since his first mixtape, 1000... He was already on an upward trajectory. There was no putting on, that was a wave hop. Magic, Turn on the lights succeeded that record and we're more commercially successful. Did Future benefit from Drake feature? Sure, but Drake benefitted too. If y'all remember Future was salty at Drake because Drake refused to do the video for that song after using future's wave, I believe Future never really let that go. Baby already had a hit before Drake, 21 too so I'm not sure how you crediting him with those 2. Migos is the only I can Drake can be credited for launching them. I hadn't heard of them before that.

As a day one fan it's going to be hard to see my point subjectively. Trust me when I say most people haven't even heard of 1000.

We clearly agree that along the way Future at least received somewhat of an increased level of stardom due to the song with Drake. For some people out there this is their starting point with Future. I think you'd be surprised how many people there are out there that would admit this.

I can agree that every time drake hopped on the new hot song with the bubbling new artist it was to his benefit as well. Drake has been extremely explotive of this hack and it clearly frustrates people. It's a also a hell of a cheat code for both the new artist and drake as it extends his run but also grants them some of his shine as 'the biggest dude in music outside of Bad Bunny'.

Dead *** there was a period in 21 savages career where a ***** was successfully trolling him as 22 savage. I get that 21 was also bubbling but once again during this same time as he is ascending into stardom he too took the drake feature happily. Shortly after we never saw that 22 ***** again.

Back
Top Bottom