Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

A year later I like Still Brazy more then his first joint. YG's rapping and substance is way better on the second one.

I'm serious Is definitely not better :lol:

TI was that ***** literally till after paper trail he started trippin with the trouble man nonsense :smh: shoulda just retired at that point. Doesn't have a bad album imo before troubleman.

I already know, I liked TI VS TIP [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Urban Legend still gets played. :smokin

I remember being in the 10th grade and my girl was obsessed with Tip. Used to hate watching 106 and park with her when his videos came on. I was a little hater, lying and saying the album/TI himself was trash. :lol:

The change in YG will always be crazy to me lol
Didn't know people liked yg like that here. I personally don't like his music that much but he came a long way from his Jerkin days. Didn't think he'd last.icc

Man I grew up on that YG so you can imagine what his 180 looks like to me :lol:

"Aim me" "She a Model" "Toot it And Boot It" "Drunk and High" man we grew up on these YG records. Had the parties and teen club litt

I went to a club in LA for the first time I literally felt like they played his whole album in that ***. I was like damn they love this ***** out here

I went to a club in LA for the first time I literally felt like they played his whole album in that ***. I was like damn they love this ***** out here

Real recognize real that dude makes LA hip hop for N to set trip too.

Hip hop has shown that you stick to what you know and are good at people will gravitate. Too many dudes trying to sound like someone else or ride the next man wave.

Hell people can hate on yachty all thwy want but the boy knows what he knows and it jams.

"skippable songs on MBDTF".....wtf does that even mean. I'd give a pass for skipping Lost in the World but I'd also say you missing out on the versatility.

Just listened to Runaway.....can't believe somebody can debate that greatness in any way

Both are nice but I def like My Krazy Life more. I guess the first album was a shock factor as I wasn't expecting it to be that good

Last edited:
imo kodaks recent album has potential be a classic depending on how it holds up over time

i just thought it was a good album

he was locked up so he couldnt really do adequate marketing and promo to really make it a moment

top off benz should have been a hit

Last edited:
Just listened to Runaway.....can't believe somebody can debate that greatness in any way

I just listened again to make sure because I wrote it off ages ago and I'm legit angry about it :lol:

9 minutes. Shout to Pusha for rescuing me for a brief period 3 1/2 minutes in.

To each his own I suppose.

Last edited:
Y'all buggin. Nobody even talking about weird *** kodak and want to call it a classic?

DS2? Nah. Out of that entire run, that'll go to 56 nights.

I just listened again to make sure because I wrote it off ages ago and I'm legit angry about it :lol:

9 minutes. Shout to Pusha for rescuing me for a brief period 3 1/2 minutes in.

To each his own I suppose.

I had a cut down version on my old laptop, it was like 4:30-5:00 or so. I can't find that **** anywhere now :smh:

That 3 minute autotune, mumbled, gibberish at the end of the song >>>>>

Last edited:
How do we quantify what a classic is versus a cult classic? 

Like how do we differentiate what the majority of all listeners is from an artist's dedicated fanbase?

Cause I'd argue that DS2 is a cult classic but what could you point to as tangible proof that it's just a classic in general? 

I gave my criteria for what makes a classic album. Impact, time, fan reception, critic receptipn and the majority of songs have to be good.

Outside of future fans, nobody is talking about DS2. Also, until Wattba and his mixtapes after came out, they didn't even put it up there with the 3-peat.

Back
Top Bottom