Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Just finished C5.....yeah, yall were right.

Its not terrible. I like 7 or 8 tracks but I have no interest of ever revisiting this project as a whole.

Late as hell, but that Don Q Don Season 2 is flames. :smokin

giphy.gif

I'm putting him slightly ahead of Dave East, Don is more consistent. I like his ability to do collabs with the trap _'s, rap on a few trap beats and still do him and not sound forced.

Gates delivered.

One subjective criticism is that it’s 18 tracks of just him; no features. I’m not a fan of artists doing that. A feature here and there breaks up any monotonous feeling a person gets when they listen to an album. A featured verse, a chorus, something.

But I understand why he’d take this approach since this is his first full length project after being locked up.

Outside of that throne in my side, the joint goes. A couple skippable tracks, but that’s to be expected when you have 18 songs. On my first 3 listens I’m impressed and I’m standing by the whole “Gates is in the top 3 acts out right now” thing.

Cats sitting through an hour of C5 might as well give Gates a full listen. Willing to bet they’d enjoy it. :smokin
Facts....It's 2018, nobody trying to hear more than 15 tracks on a project :lol:

Gates delivered.

One subjective criticism is that it’s 18 tracks of just him; no features. I’m not a fan of artists doing that. A feature here and there breaks up any monotonous feeling a person gets when they listen to an album. A featured verse, a chorus, something.

But I understand why he’d take this approach since this is his first full length project after being locked up.

Outside of that throne in my side, the joint goes. A couple skippable tracks, but that’s to be expected when you have 18 songs. On my first 3 listens I’m impressed and I’m standing by the whole “Gates is in the top 3 acts out right now” thing.

Cats sitting through an hour of C5 might as well give Gates a full listen. Willing to bet they’d enjoy it. :smokin
I like when certain artist do projects with little or no features. Gates, Future. They can do everything and you get more introspective songs when they're by themselves. Future with BM 2. Gates ain't have that many features on LB 2 and that's his best work.

giphy.gif

I'm putting him slightly ahead of Dave East, Don is more consistent. I like his ability to do collabs with the trap _'s, rap on a few trap beats and still do him and not sound forced.

I’m definitely ready to say homie is above East for me. Low key the best cat coming out of the city right now from what I’ve heard. I can already tell off 2 listens this Don Season 2 gonna get a lot of spins from me :lol:

Funny that’s the exact same thing on here :lol:

Naw I think everyone in this thread has their own opinions and stands by them. You’ll see people agree with someone on one page then disagree with them about something else on the next page. People just get in their feelings when they’re favorite rapper gets dogged.

Behind I may be, but what the general scale in terms of sales now? I know touring and shows puts $ in rappers pockets, but I remember a time when folks used to brag about their numbers and going platinum in 1st week. Internet had that much an affect?

Drogas Wave might be AOTY after Beast Mode 2.

**** is beautiful mane. All types of feels. That concept takes me back to old Lupe. I’m impressed as well. Wow man. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom