Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

In 1991, Havoc and Prodigy originally went by the name "Poetical Prophets" and began making a demo tape.[11] They would find the addresses of record label headquarters on the back of albums, bring a cassette player, and ask passing artists to listen to their music.[12]The only artist who stopped to hear their music was Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest; Prodigy recalled, "[Q-Tip] introduced us to Chris Lightythat day and a bunch of people in the Rush Associated Labels in the Def Jam office—that's how we met everybody."[12] Shortly after, Prodigy signed a solo demo deal with Jive Records and had an uncredited feature on the song "Too Young" by Hi-Five, which appeared on the Boyz n the Hood soundtrack.[11] Jive decided not to sign Poetical Prophets as a duo, however, they were featured in the Unsigned Hype column of The Source in July 1991,[11][13]which helped promote their demo Flavor for the Nonbelievers.
2BFD2AE1-D883-4F25-A2E5-2D85D9610256.jpeg

They was on they Native Tongues **** at first.

The lil are gonna be in a rage tonight when the "old dusty beats" are being celebrated for being the legends they are tonight. won't be a multicolored dread in site on their #SAD

I got more of an issue with Adele and Sam Smith breaking all kinds of records and getting critically acclaimed but the black artists that make very similar music get nothing

Bingo. Celine was from an era where there was balance. Whitney, Aretha, Yolanda Adams, Anita Baker, Amel Larrioux, etc. our R&B and soul musicians were getting pushed, promoted and their acclaim.

Nowadays s****. F***** Sam Smith and fat Adele.

I’ll take big Kelly Price over her

told y’all that ***** be lying. Y’all tried to tell me he be in his bubble and don’t know what else going on etc etc. U won’t understand what baby or dolph even talking about if u in a “bubble”. They talking everything in the now with the lingo, boy just be high.

Back
Top Bottom