Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’s how I know young ****** stopped signing up for this site that I rarely see Yeat and Destroy Lonely and that crop of artists in here :lol:

He straight but I’m ready for one of these type ****** who can actually rap or just get a ghostwriter. He has some great beat selection though. Wish Baby Keem or someone would write for these ******
I think you talking about Kenny Mason

Don't know bout that actually rap part but Lonely def should sit with a producer and refine his sound (Yeat & Ken style basically go against that notion). He def give off a dark Future type of feel. His last tape was better but this got a couple tracks on there

Relatively speaking. Durk isn't some super mainstream artist. He'll never be.

That project had Ah Ha, What Happened To Virgil, pissed me off and so forth. And he's navigating the industry well. Bruh got a song with Cole on the way. He has the motion right now.
Ite
Yo post didn't rly make sense tho, even if YB music aint good to say he been stagnant don't make sense when he put out so much music.

I figured that's what he meant.
I just don't see how Durk any different, especially to the point of lapped YB.

I think it's more so about ticket sales
How so? Mercedes Benz Stadium has a much higher capacity, which though, would probably be too big for such an event. Still, it could be held to whatever capacity they are hoping for, and would definitely sellout. It’s selling out at either venue.

I’m leaning more towards this would be the only way Buff, I mean Puff would do this.

:D

How so? Mercedes Benz Stadium has a much higher capacity, which though, would probably be too big for such an event. Still, it could be held to whatever capacity they are hoping for, and would definitely sellout. It’s selling out at either venue.

I’m leaning more towards this would be the only way Buff, I mean Puff would do this.

Yeah, because New York doesn't have baseball and football stadiums in the area. Concerts at football stadiums aren't a great viewing experience for the fan in person visually, music wise or online. Much less it being football season. They aren't spending that and paying people.

I'm talking about basketball stadiums, it's a lot easier to fill out MSG at a certain ticket price than the Hawks stadium.

At MSG you know you can sell out $200 on up. You know a event is going to sell out, that people "think" and are used to getting for free?

I'm not even sure why you dudes are acting like this is some sort of basketball game where homecourt advantage matters anyway. Fans applause will cause Puff to start dancing harder?

Such a weird discussion and the division of black people is crazy.

Weird discussion? Division of black people!?

Ok…

But yeah I do think home field advantage matters some with this versuz. But at the same I don’t feel it would’ve been best to have a neutral setting. At the end of the day I respect both for what they’ve brought to the culture of hip-hop. My feelings for versuz events remain the same, everyone wins!! There are no losers. But after that disrespect when the challenge was first issued, Diddy gon have to put some respect on JD name lol.

Last edited:

Yeah, I don't think this is happening at the main MSG arena. Probably the theater.

Interesting…

DC and the DMV is more territorial than New York.

Plus I think Wale's antics and aesthetic turned people off early on. He's done a lot better with that, but people already have their minds made up.

Honestly with the way social media is now and these young dudes act, his antics would probably work now. But ten, thirteen years ago, nah.

Damn she got a point. My sis out Rockville will claim yb before she'd do wale.
Question is, does he ever push for the DMV?
There definitely was a point where it was cool to hate on Wale. “He not from DC…” blah blah. And he got tired of not getting the love back. Despite all that I feel like he still shouted out the area on every project, featured gogo bands, created ties with the local sports teams, etc.

I sit here and think about the hiphop talent the DMV [extended] has produced and are killing it to this day… Wale, Pharrell/The Neptunes, Timbaland, Clipse, Missy, Logic, Cordae, JPEGMAFIA… We have a presence in so many lanes and the fact we let a metro map create so much divisiveness is a shame.

Aint no reason Dave Chapelle should be associated more with Mos Def and Talib when his hometown has produced some of the biggest stars in the genre.

Back
Top Bottom