Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This a good interview. Whole thing dropped:

I see very clearly, IRV wanted badly to re-create Death Row East. It’s obvious. Rule & X were his idea of him being Suge (Mogul with the ties to the hood, but polished upbringing) and X & Ja being the streets. That was the model back then. From Irv, to Dame, JD, BABY (Father was a true businessman) to Diddy etc,

The “college boys” with street ties….who the execs would navigate. Russs & them laid the blueprint before. Hip Hop nepotism is another thing, for another day. But it just follows the music industry, America, and the streets. Which is what it has been since its inception.

How did Dame try to have Death Row?

Labels existed before Death Row :lol:

How did Dame try to have Death Row?

Labels existed before Death Row :lol:

Irv…Not Dame

I’m saying, if you look at the model back then (and now) it’s that. Suge = Diddy,Dame/Irv/JD/Coach K/Russ etc.

That’s what I’m getting at. They all the same type of *****s

Damn, this was 5 years ago :lol: 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

Meant to comment the other day about how most of the hip hop moguls are the “haves” within the have nots.

Like the Naymond from the wire type situations. Irv, Diddy, Dame, Baby, JD, Birdman etc were the dudes that were fortunate enough to have a cushion and opportunity. With the exception of JD..They’re the kid that stil lives in the Hood...but has the best house, goes to the better schools, or both parents, or a lil more money that others around them.

That foundation right there is key to how some of these moguls were able to navigate and have some success. I see some similarties in the Irv/DMX dynamic and the Baby/B.G. Dynamic in a sense.

Last edited:
Chris Gotti is well respected. He's more the street dude in the family, that's why Irv was able to move around too.

People talk about Tupac and Juice

Once Jay told Irv his corny *** name DJ Irv should be Irv Gotti instead it probably changed him and gave him street cred. :lol:

Went on a Hoffa binge. Great storytelling here. I remember watching some Napolean interviews when he was doing his rounds and pretty much had the same story.

Had me go down memory lane and play this driving around today

Bc he is…

I need that...I want that...I just want to spend some time with you

lock-uo.gif

Back
Top Bottom