Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

:emoji_laughing: @ Cole saying another _ music put somebody to sleep.

reaction-meme.gif

Cole always has a smooth flow and can put words together, but when I really start paying attention to the lyrics I'm always like:

Every "bar" is so surface level but he plays it like he just hit you with the most 4D-chess-move of a quintuple entendre of a bar. Just never been able to connect with his music. He's like Inspectah Deck with the most surface level punch lines. Shoutout to whoever said "dad jokes". :lol:

How is rest of Cole tape, heard it’s fairly solid,
Im get to it tonight, he had killer verse on song Pi from the limited i was able to hear

Cole caught a LIGHT stray on like that but he was good to stay out the way and let drake handle that (or not) imo.

Cole has essentially just took the pressure off drake.

A back and forth between KL and cole is far less interesting than KL vs drake.

Last edited:
Chance's music was just alright to begin with, so married or not it really doesn't matter. It's not as if he fell from some super high post down to subpar. truth is, he just isn't an interesting or skilled enough artist to expect a big bounce back because a return to form for him would be going back to being just ok...

Maybe it’s an age thing but 90’s babies definitely hold Acid Rap in a super high regard and if he played his cards right he was the next one after Drake. Coloring Book IMO was a little too soft but even after that he still could have been that next “guy”.

Because he fumbled, Uzi/Yachty/Carti took over and now we’re entering the generation after them who have had ten years with no real lyrical young rappers in the mainstream lol

Damn is that a pretty boy swag sample? I’m getting old, that was my ****

Do shrooms for a session or two and release whatever he makes as a sequel to Acid Rap lol. Shrooms are popular/trendy now and “do drugs again so you can make good music” has been a meme with him for a while now so even if he was sober I’d go that direction

Can he do that after his holier than thou mr nice guy phase?

Dudes will hype up a Kendrick verse cause he had some basic bars with the initial shock value but this the same thing, warning shots on both sides

Cole last one to talk about boring but people really gassed TPAB and Steppers came and went too

It was supposed to be a warning response, because it was a reply to multiple people

Everything comes and goes now, and those albums stuck around longer than any of those Cole albums

Back
Top Bottom