Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

just got back from a 3 week trip to India (Ended up being hell) and it was 15 hour flight, so are any of these Kendrick disses real or all AI?

Also why is push up not on streaming yet?

I'm really starting to wonder if drake ever wrote any of his songs lol. It's just too many examples coming out. When meek exposed him drake stans convinced me it was just hooks and a little help on the verses once in awhile. This man has been lifting entire songs from no names his whole career. Hits too. We've always known drake to be a wave rider in terms of flow and sound of the new hottest rappers. Now I think it wasnt wave riding, these dudes were just straight up writing his songs for him lol. I'm convinced Wayne and future have written drake songs. Ross probably has too. Thug definitely. And yachty might just have done every song drake put out in the last year or so. This is in addition to his team's of ghostwriters no one knows. And this is just rap drake. RnB drake is a whole other can of worms.

I'm really starting to wonder if drake ever wrote any of his songs lol. It's just too many examples coming out. When meek exposed him drake stans convinced me it was just hooks and a little help on the verses once in awhile. This man has been lifting entire songs from no names his whole career. Hits too. We've always known drake to be a wave rider in terms of flow and sound of the new hottest rappers. Now I think it wasnt wave riding, these dudes were just straight up writing his songs for him lol. I'm convinced Wayne and future have written drake songs. Ross probably has too. Thug definitely. And yachty might just have done every song drake put out in the last year or so. This is in addition to his team's of ghostwriters no one knows. And this is just rap drake. RnB drake is a whole other can of worms.
White Privilege

People talk about his "pen" and then excuse it and then talk about his popularity and hits. Like he could if he wanted to. But if half of them were songs he had help with how do you give him credit? The whole thing is weird to me, but I considered him a pop artist years ago. It doesn't matter to me, because I never considered him top 5 of anything. Top 5 corniest rappers to ever grace a mic maybe.

He can be like Kanye, Dre, Eazy, ODB, Biz...

I'm really starting to wonder if drake ever wrote any of his songs lol. It's just too many examples coming out.

This is where I am with it at this point. I’m not anticipating any battle rap bars from a dude who’s been proven to straight up steal songs. It’s too much doubt in my mind that dude actually wrote tracks like Back to Back and whatever that new one is called.

“No really, we want a Party album
But you keep stealing all of Party's album
To go and put it on your party album
It's plenty reason to slay you
Kept going up Tuesday's and now The Weeknd just hates you”

Joe really smoked him. I don’t think Ross or Kendrick’s song will be as crazy as Joe or Pusha’s.

Joe killed his emcee image and integrity, Pusha smoked his culture, heritage and family tree.

my boy swear to this day Wayne wrote Best I Ever Had :lol:

Ice Spice usually don't do anything for me but she looks like she lost some weight in that video. Looks good now

“No really, we want a Party album
But you keep stealing all of Party's album
To go and put it on your party album
It's plenty reason to slay you
Kept going up Tuesday's and now The Weeknd just hates you”

Joe really smoked him. I don’t think Ross or Kendrick’s song will be as crazy as Joe or Pusha’s.

Joe killed his emcee image and integrity, Pusha smoked his culture, heritage and family tree.

For as much hate and ridicule as meek gets, that exposal was probably the most damaging thing that's ever happened to drake. Cause now that's always brought up in reference to drake, he's known for that now. It needed to be said and anyone who appreciates the culture should praise meek for it regardless of how they feel about him.

And all this talk about drake giving these people hits and making/elevating careers, the part that's not talked about is he's essentially middlemanning these songs. Charging these dudes drake feature prices and getting some no name to do the verse for a fraction of the cost. He's been finenessing and dudes probably really ain't feeling it.

just got back from a 3 week trip to India (Ended up being hell) and it was 15 hour flight, so are any of these Kendrick disses real or all AI?

Also why is push up not on streaming yet?
Lol what happen in India? I’m dying to check that place out still.

Drake need to start stealing jokes too cuz these aint it. B2B was a huge song but I definitely remember a lot of memes/jokes assisting as well. That tactic so far aint helpin this time around. This beef went from entertaining to corny quick.

Last edited:
Never thought Drake’s pen was that sharp. I remember my introduction to him way back when was my female cousin. Pop artists are 100% locked in with women long before men embrace them.

I’ve never held any ranking for him in my personal favorites list. Dude just always made music for the ladies.

Maybe I’m a hip hop oldie, but hearing everyone has ghostwriters makes me kinda sad.

And when we have these discussions, people say it's hate or conspiracy.

A lot of this is clear as day. Drake had his own sound I'll say up until If You're Reading This. Then that's when the blatant biting and jacking started but even when he first came out he had to get co-signs from the south and others to legitimize him. Houstalantavegas. Bun B, Wayne, Kanye, Em, T.I, etc. It's stories how Jas Prince and them had to drop him into hip hop culture, give him some flavor to make it convincing.

Dudes got a whole thread of him stealing or other people writing his ****. We know this happens a lot, even with rappers. No rapper has this much evidence though.

Back
Top Bottom