Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

diss still not hitting to me, idk what it is. like I get it but eh

Same.

I'm giving him a point for dropping though and not doing the "He didn't say my name angle" for once. But beyond that it doesn't move me too much. The short joke, ok that's cool, contract jab was aite but I need more. I just feel like Drake either

A. Doesn't have enough ammo on Kendrick OR
B. Doesn't want to show his whole hand right now.

Either way...Kendrick is now on the clock.

Facts.

And if his hook line and sinker on Kendrick is that he had to dish out 50% when he left TDE… that isn’t saying much since it’s coming from a ***** who’s been dishing out large percentage points to the various labels/companies that he’s in business with. Push told yall that in 2018.

Where yall see “Pushups” debuting on the charts? Is it knocking “Like That” out the #1 spot?

The shock and awe moment is gone since the song is about a week old. I think its a decent track but nothing Im running back tho. Probably have played it 4 times since its came out, but the ease of access with it not being on streaming sites could also be a reason. Im just interested in seeing what it does chart wise since its essentially already a week old. Im sure thatll be a talking point for whichever side it benefits.

Last edited:
Yeah he has to. Kendrick been saying they're scared of him for a decade. Drake stepped into the ring mid or not.

He gotta drop.

this right here. if not it’s Cole all over again

Where yall see “Pushups” debuting on the charts? Is it knocking “Like That” out the #1 spot?

this hard cuz it’s not really the type of track Like That is, it’s a straight diss and not just a banger with a diss on it. but it’s Drake so you never really know :lol:

this right here. if not it’s Cole all over again

this hard cuz it’s not really the type of track Like That is, it’s a straight diss and not just a banger with a diss on it. but it’s Drake so you never really know :lol:

Yeah thats exactly how I feel. Like its a week old and its not a banger for real, but its still Drizzy lol. Like he has had plenty of other middy songs that have came out and done well chart wise, even #1 or at least top 5, so Im really looking forward to seein how this one does.

I don't even see where Kendrick has to respond back honestly.
Drake has basically been doing Meek-style self sabotage with all his IG posts, trying to have a “rich off” with Rick Ross, a guy who survived 50’s antics but being extra petty himself. You can’t really say anything to a guy doing peak Chappelle jokes while you’re doing Kai Cenat jokes. Kendrick truly doesn’t have to do anything cause Ross basically did it for him.

:rofl:

The shock and awe moment is gone since the song is about a week old. I think its a decent track but nothing Im running back tho. Probably have played it 4 times since its came out, but the ease of access with it not being on streaming sites could also be a reason. Im just interested in seeing what it does chart wise since its essentially already a week old. Im sure thatll be a talking point for whichever side it benefits.

i don't think it'll dethrone "like that" but like someone else said, drizzy glazers are almost on the level of barbs

dot bullied him to drop it on all platforms without saying anything :lol:

Drake has basically been doing Meek-style self sabotage with all his IG posts, trying to have a “rich off” with Rick Ross, a guy who survived 50’s antics but being extra petty himself. You can’t really say anything to a guy doing peak Chappelle jokes while you’re doing Kai Cenat jokes. Kendrick truly doesn’t have to do anything cause Ross basically did it for him.

:rofl:

Aye mans really on that. When he said dat piff, I knew he wasn’t just pandering.

I don't even see where Kendrick has to respond back honestly.

Legit no point in responding, we've already seen this movie before.

If Kendrick responds and buries him, Drake's team will just post another PR response and he'll go on a podcast months later talking about how he had a nuke but didn't wanna press the button.

I'd just stay quiet and continue to let this man fume on IG, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom