Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Does anyone use the LiveMixtapes app? Is it bugging out for you as well?

I just don’t have continuous play anymore.

I never really like J. Cole music. It’s a few joints that are cool but I couldn’t name 5 J. Cole songs with a gun to head.
He’s a solid hip hop artist. Warm Up is still one of the best mixtapes ever.

I just think mainstream wasn’t meant for him.

She had the work done
1713984713588.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

She somehow bad now but in the back of my mind I know so respectfully I’m cool.

If they lose, that is a dangerous precedent, and we are going to be flooded with bull**** AI garbage verses on all kinds of stuff. Not getting the permission of Pac's estate and Snoop before doing this is wild. Also, if he's making money off the streaming, there is definitely grounds for a lawsuit, or if they can convince a jury that the estate is being defamed by such unauthorized use of their IP.

Of all the conspiracy bull**** surrounding Drake in this situation, I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this part of the dispute being orchestrated or at least used by record companies to just do away with artists and put out a bunch of AI content and not have to pay anybody.

I think what the record companies are gonna try to argue is if they own the masters to the songs ai was trained on then they own the output of the ai. The NY Times has a lawsuit against Openai because they trained chatgpt using NY times articles they didn't own.

I like Cole. I appreciate good rapping. And he’s very good.

I think Cole’s issue is he doesn’t have a good amount of “Bops”

Basically the opposite of what Kanye said he does to women :lol:

Cole makes sit by the fire music.

I never really like J. Cole music. It’s a few joints that are cool but I couldn’t name 5 J. Cole songs with a gun to head.
Yea I’ve noticed through mutuals that people who ride with him heavy are also into the Joyner Lucases, hopsins, logics, etc….

Personally I like J Cole, but could never venture down the above mentioned artists. The way he showed his hand in the past few weeks is def a permanent stain in his public image. It doesn’t stop from making good work, but honestly I can’t hold him to when he said he was in his prime :lol: then proceeds to revoke that track.

My friend told me he makes music for people who take the bus…. I’m like dog, don’t say that :wow:
Bro didn’t like Work out but that was the one that the girls liked :lol:

Could’ve easily throw one of those out here and there and not had the boring tag.

Reminds me of B.O.B.

Bro was a superstar for like a year. Tearing the charts up but was like “nah I’m a real ***** I don’t want these hits” :lol:

I really liked the adventures of Bobby Ray.

The unauthorized, equally dismaying use of Tupac’s voice against Kendrick Lamar, a good friend to the Estate who has given nothing but respect to Tupac and his legacy publicly and privately, compounds the insult,” King wrote.

Man dropped one verse and got the whole game in chaos. J Cole turned in to a shell of himself and Drake pulling desperation moves, got Pac's estate basically telling him we side with Kendrick.

The different intentions different rappers have and how they get there are fascinating

Unless hes putting ads on it its not generating any money

He could say its parody

People around them probably kept making comments about how could they let drake do this lol
It doesn’t matter if it’s generating money or not

Back
Top Bottom