Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

So Far Gone don't have original production so it's not an album.

I get "mixtape" classic is kinda of a knock but it goes to show the times, a lotta young cats in that era made amazing mixtapes because of the freedom and went on to make mid albums because label bs, sample clearance, or just budget.

40 already cited 808s as an influence so yea some of the stuff on there was "popular at the time". But he def helped influence a lotta cats to make better radio friendly love songs

The disconnect :lol:

Let's make this clear we don't say a mixed person ain't included because they're mixed. Bizzy Bone never had to prove he's black, J Cole don't have to do it, Alicia Keys never had to do it.

1714522981554.png

1714523119600.png

He told us he grew up in a jewish neighborhood. When you tell us you have a different upbringing and culture this is who you are and that's cool but don't try to switch now. It really ain't nothing black identifying about Drake's music. Jack Harlow can make them same songs.

I don’t think it would really get to that or at least I hope not but the way K Dot talking anything might be on the table lol I feel like it would be a lot of selective politicking going on though. Drake would throw a bag to some big homies for some protection and that’s where it ends.

The disconnect :lol:

Let's make this clear we don't say a mixed person ain't included because they're mixed. Bizzy Bone never had to prove he's black, J Cole don't have to do it, Alicia Keys never had to do it.

1714522981554.png

1714523119600.png

He told us he grew up in a jewish neighborhood. When you tell us you have a different upbringing and culture this is who you are and that's cool but don't try to switch now. It really ain't nothing black identifying about Drake's music. Jack Harlow can make them same songs.
My only thing with this logic is, there are black people who grew up and lived life in white cultures. Either because they were well off and that’s where they were raised or they were adopted, whatever. It wouldn’t make them any less black. If you’re black you’re black. But it’s raps so im not even gonna take it that serious. Kendricks girl don’t even look black to me if we keeping it real

My only thing with this logic is, there are black people who grew up and lived life in white cultures. Either because they were well off and that’s where they were raised or they were adopted, whatever. It wouldn’t make them any less black. If you’re black you’re black. But it’s raps so im not even gonna take it that serious. Kendricks girl don’t even look black to me if we keeping it real
Kendrick wife is a black girl from compton, we wanna talk about Drake's french prostitute/WSH vixen babymother?

Whitney pops is black mom is Hispanic

Kendrick wife is a black girl from compton, we wanna talk about Drake's french prostitute/WSH vixen babymother?
**** I can’t tell. She sho don’t look black to me. If she is then good for her. But the way Kendrick be pandering to these Afro centric ****** you’d think he’d have a dark skin aunt Viv type chick that’s all I’m sayin

Finally caught up. Soon as I seen the diss dropped I avoided this thread because I wanted to let it build up for a good read between these games lol

Love “Euphoria”. Like most have said, its nothing scathing but its detailed, methodical, and filled with hella body shots. Im a fan of both (bigger Dot fan) and Im enjoying this battle between the two.

As for the classics conversation, from my time being online, social media, and personal social circle, it has always been that Drake doesn’t have any classic albums. “So Far Gone” has definitely been regarded a classic mixtape, but album wise that was always the biggest critique on Drizzy. “Take Care” was always his most applauded album, and to a large portion of his fans call it a classic, but Ive never seen that be the overall general consensus as you do for other albums that are labeled “classics.” Me personally, I love Take Care, but its not a classic. Tracks like “Make Me Proud”, “Practice”, and “Marvins Room” kinda messed that up, but thats MY opinion.

I recall on NT, and in other spaces NWTS (My personal favorite) being his most respected album from all sides, Drake fans and even the ones who dnt really care for em. Then “IYRTITL” gettin the same type of respect until them Quentin Miller allegations dropped and then it got shakey..

Drake has a catalogue full of hits, and nobody can deny that. And in my personal opinion not having a classic album aint a bad thing, but its gonna always be a talking point if you proclaim yourself the GOAT/Best.

Objectivity from the fans/listeners is something thats not gonna exist in this back and forth lol so I cant say Im shocked by the state of this thread or my own Time Line, but this battle has delivered with each release and Im looking forward to Drakes potential response.

Back
Top Bottom