Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ehhhh. Old boy actually does have a valid point about kendrick girl.

These hotep types have notoriously talked pro blk this, that and the other, but when you see their women, she’s white or damn close to it. It’s definitely inconsistent with what they claim to be about.

See kyrie irving.

And we all saw ‘dont be a menace’. We kno how this goes.

Kendrick kilt tho. 🤷🏾‍♂️

These hotep types have notoriously talked pro blk this, that and the other, but when you see their women, she’s white or damn close to it. It’s definitely inconsistent with what they claim to be about.

See kyrie irving.

Kendrick kilt tho. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Kendrick girl is nowhere close to white tho lol
She’s a black/Hispanic girl from Compton

See kyrie irving.

Kendrick kilt tho. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Who does this apply to though?

Kyrie wife black too

1714533920860.png

Ya'll saying if a _ is pro black his wife gotta be Whoopi from color purple?

My only thing with this logic is, there are black people who grew up and lived life in white cultures. Either because they were well off and that’s where they were raised or they were adopted, whatever. It wouldn’t make them any less black. If you’re black you’re black. But it’s raps so im not even gonna take it that serious. Kendricks girl don’t even look black to me if we keeping it real

The point that’s being argued (as I understand it) is that Drake is utilizing his proximity to a subset of Black culture for monetary gain. He’s essentially conveniently cosplaying an urban Black man who grew up in dire straits, for money. It’s been documented that he himself did not see himself as such as he was growing up, so to witness him leaning into the character so heavily is just cringe. Dude said he grew up Jewish, in a Jewish neighborhood, going to Jewish schools. Dude called black Canadian urban dialect and terminology “ignorant” as he sat at a table with white people. Same guy has made millions by conveniently replicating the very same.

I think most people in here can agree that being Black is not monolithic. I do, however, think that it’s painfully obvious that potna had identified various aspects of Black culture and presents a variety of impersonation for financial gain. That in and of itself is worthy or harsh criticism.

It’s nasty work, as the kids would say.

Last edited:
These ****** deadass trying to go at Kendrick because his girl is half black and half hispanic?

… Like deadass, that’s the best y'all got? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dot really did a number on dude. :lol:
The same internet that told Patrick Mahomes he wasn’t black and now willing to die on that hill it’s been wild out here man

Who does this apply to though?

Kyrie wife black too

1714533920860.png

Ya'll saying if a _ is pro black his wife gotta be Whoopi from color purple?
It’s IGNORANCE and colorism. I’ve dealt with this before as a light skinned Black man. I got into an argument w a dark skinned Black man who basically said I’m not Black because I’m light skinned. As though the cops see me differently because my skin is lighter.

Barely.

Wasnt he messing with kelani too? Lol

Lets leave that alone. That particular convo requires more effort than im willing to give it.

What is barley black? Because her hair curly? :lol:

Ain't Kehlani black and native?

If we gonna talk about Kyrie just post the pics years ago of him on the boat with all white girls but again his wife/family is black.

He didn't say he doesn't like Drake because he is of mixed race. He said that him saying the n-word makes him cringe and that many people are (as others pointed out) of the opinion that he is playing a character that he uses to coopt different cultures for monetary gain. He very well may not be comfortable with his wife using the word either. Not necessarily any contradiction. Definitely a reach.

The point that’s being argued (as I understand it) is that Drake is utilizing his proximity to a subset of Black culture for monetary gain. He’s essentially conveniently cosplaying an urban Black man who grew up in dire straits, for money. It’s been documented that he himself did not see himself as such as he was growing up, so to witness him leaning into the character so heavily is just cringe. Dude said he grew up Jewish, in a Jewish neighborhood, in Jewish schools. Dude called black Canadian urban dialect and terminology “ignorant” as he sat at a table with white people. Same guy has made millions by conveniently replicating the very same.

I think most people in here can agree that being Black is not monolithic. I do, however, think that it’s painfully obvious that potna had identified various aspects of Black culture and presents a variety of impersonation for financial gain. That in and of itself is worthy or harsh criticism.

It’s nasty work, as the kids would say.
So you’re gonna ignore Drake also saying he spent the summers with his dad in Memphis? Or how he had to visit his pops in jail, and chop it up with him. I don’t know Drake well enough to make all those assumptions you’re making. Drake does not cosplay as any street urban dude. He’s never said this. “To keep it real I really wasn’t gangster till now”. Idk where your getting that narrative from

So you’re gonna ignore Drake also saying he spent the summers with his dad in Memphis? Or how he had to visit his pops in jail, and chop it up with him. I don’t know Drake well enough to make all those assumptions you’re making. Drake does not cosplay as any street urban dude. He’s never said this. “To keep it real I really wasn’t gangster till now”. Idk where your getting that narrative from
You ever seen any black family members of Drake besides his father?

These ****** deadass trying to go at Kendrick because his girl is half black and half hispanic?

… Like deadass, that’s the best y'all got? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dot really did a number on dude. :lol:
I agree she’s black, but based off Kendricks image and more importantly that culture that he panders to, the fact that he has a girl that doesn’t have two black parents can be seen as hypocritical to some. I guarantee you if I asked the average person who didn’t know, they wouldnt expect Kendrick to be with an Afro Latina. (Not that it matters in general)

Back
Top Bottom