Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Both rich upbringings, both benefit from their complexion, both use others to boost their legacies.
Both could do way more for their community, instead of just picking and choosing random people to help out, get sympathy from it then rushing back to their secluded mansions. Both, being revered by white america, could definitely use their influence beyond corny TikTok trends and stupid game shows.

This why people from outside the culture should just stay away from this. Especially cause Kendrick indeed did drop bars

I saw somebody say “if you gotta write an essay to explain a song it’s trash”

falls right in line with them Department of Education studies :lol:

Yall are acting like Drake is Jack Harlow. The revisionist history is ridiculous. The culture has been with Drake since 09. Especially with the women, but black brothas too

i bet Jack harlow aint gon have no video like this

Timeout…my ***** did you just say “Black brothas”

whats going on in here rn

I never seen none of yall in here now that i think about it lol

lol Kendrick panders to white folks more than Drake, with his struggle themes and blackness advocate card he plays every time. They stay giving him elite review scores off of exploitation. Now you can say that's a reach, but its facts. Black people jam Drake more than Kendrick. At least in my age group. Not that it matters as it pertains to this beef, but Drake is valid in all hoods. Ive seen him come to our university and brothas are going bonkers. Is he corny? Sure. But save all the think pieces on his blackness please. It just sounds silly

lol Kendrick panders to white folks more than Drake, with his struggle themes and blackness advocate card he plays every time. They stay giving him elite review scores off of exploitation. Now you can say that's a reach, but its facts. Black people jam Drake more than Kendrick. At least in my age group. Not that it matters as it pertains to this beef, but Drake is valid in all hoods. Ive seen him come to our university and brothas are going bonkers. Is he corny? Sure. But save all the think pieces on his blackness please. It just sounds silly

What's your age group?

I'm 27

i bet Jack harlow aint gon have no video like this

Timeout…my ***** did you just say “Black brothas”

whats going on in here rn

I never seen none of yall in here now that i think about it lol

Im kinda new. I mainly hang out in the Jordan Brand thread. Less toxic lol

Valid in all hoods?

I’m logging off

has Drake ever centered his blackness or blackness in general in his work? that's the difference between him and JCole, it's why _ laughed at him complaining to Elliot Wilson about not being viewed as "black excellence" for all his statistical achievements

Drake is valid in all hoods.
Screenshot_20240414-225510__01.jpg

You don't have to struggle to be black. No one said that.

But the way he moves shows he isn't really with us. That's how he was raised.

Cut the fake sanctimony man it's so transparent. :lol:

You don't like Steph Curry and you don't like Drake, and questioning their blackness is a convenient play to make fun of him.

I get it, I certainly do. But pretending like you are protecting black america from music they like is nuts.

You aren't superhero you're a regular guy who hates some rappera and some athletes. This isn't the civil rights movement.

And im saying brotha because ***** keeps getting blurred out lol plus im respectful. And yall can laugh lol it doesnt change the fact us black people love Drakes music. Lets be objective people

61% of black Americans are middle class. Online communities skew middle class.

Yet so many online black people cosplay poverty and struggle to pander to white expectations of the art form.

All while criticizing drake's blackness.

It's funny to watch what Drake does to some people. :lol:

And im saying brotha because ***** keeps getting blurred out lol plus im respectful. And yall can laugh lol it doesnt change the fact us black people love Drakes music. Lets be objective people
I don’t love Drake music
I know many black people like me that feel the same way.

We not playing Drake at the functions

Cut the fake sanctimony man it's so transparent. :lol:

You don't like Steph Curry and you don't like Drake, and questioning their blackness is a convenient play to make fun of him.

I get it, I certainly do. But pretending like you are protecting black america from music they like is nuts.

You aren't superhero you're a regular guy who hates some rappera and some athletes. This isn't the civil rights movement.

Ain no one faking anything. I'm a hater, nothing more nothing less. I already said I hate them both and I gave my reasons. I'm not protecting Black America from anything :rofl:

I'm a villain don't put that cape on me. This is NT be forreal.

I don’t love Drake music
I know many black people like me that feel the same way.

We not playing Drake at the functions
Cool. Ive never been to a black function in my life outside of ones by my parents or older people in general that didnt play at least 1 Drake song. Hes the most streamed artist and im sure its for black people as well. If hes not number 1 I would like to know who is

Drake’s persona is being criticized/questioned by Kendrick

Not his blackness
Really not that hard to comprehend.

Again, I guess the advancement of Black people through slavery is easier to grasp, for some people.

Back
Top Bottom