Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I realized you guys rooting for Drake do it because it's personal to YOU. Kendrick was speaking to Drake fans as well. You don't want substance you want to listen to jiggy raps and not think about being a decent human being. The comments from Drake's fans here on NT and social media say it all.

Last edited:
And the stuff about Drake’s Blackness is funny because it’s clearly something that HE struggles with. The interviews, the music, it’s all there. Blame Black Americans all you want when there’s no Drake without Black Americans. He came here seeking that acceptance.

Moms said “you will not go to a black barber”
1714582959016.jpeg

I'm sure his mom is a nice a lady but ain't no black mother bout to let you go to school like this :lol: you getting cooked. At least get a lineup and pick it to have the Kobe fro.

The lengths people go to defend that man.

This ain’t about Aubrey being biracial it’s about him having no identity and leeching on to Black American culture for fame.

Also gonna take a wild guess and say given where she’s from Kendrick’s wife probably ain’t half white :lol:
Black/Hispanic

As a European white person I'm probably missing something but I don't see Kendrick's criticism as him denying Drake's blackness.
Drake is the one who seems insecure about how 'black' he is. In one clip he's calling local black dialects ignorant etc, in the next clip he's cosplaying as those same people with an accent that he never naturally used anywhere.

As a European white person I'm probably missing something but I don't see Kendrick's criticism as him denying Drake's blackness.
Drake is the one who seems insecure about how 'black' he is. In one clip he's calling local black dialects ignorant etc, in the next clip he's cosplaying as those same people with an accent that he never naturally used anywhere.

No you got it, that’s exactly what it is. Also, there’s the blackface picture. Which is just absolutely insane :lol:

Tbh I rarely see NT have a consensus about a music opinion/topic like we all do here. Outside of like 2-3 posters everyone is on the same page and that **** is ****ing hilarious if you know the music forum

It used to be a lot of Drake fans in here, up until Pusha happened. :lol:

They stay in the Drake thread now.

Drake’s persona is being criticized/questioned by Kendrick

Not his blackness
Backpedaling tryna clean it up now. :rofl:

White boy was trending for like a week, cats want home videos of Drake and black family members. :lol:

I get it there are people who think he's inauthentic and don't want to be mixed up with the dumb blackness interrogations.

But don't pretend they don't exist. It's the dominant narrative at this point.

Kendrick should say whatever works, it's a rap beef.

But the litigation of Drakes blackness is one of the most brain dead lines of argument.

It's very obvious to me a lot of Americans are litigating their own insecurities with blackness via Drake. It's sad to see.:lol:
Says a white man smh

Tbh I rarely see NT have a consensus about a music opinion/topic like we all do here. Outside of like 2-3 posters everyone is on the same page and that **** is ****ing hilarious if you know the music forum
I learned early on this is not a safe space for Drake fans lol im here just to play devils advocate at this point. Im one of the few non-white Drake fans in this thread lol and now im the cornball.

As I said I don't care about Kendrick's critism. It's rap beef he should say whatever.

I'm talking about arguments I'm seeing in this thread.

How can you cosplay black people when your black? How can you appropriate a culture your apart of? As far as him switching cadences and acting different depending on whose hes around...black people do that as well! Maybe cuz I work in corporate but I see it all the time.. I just think some of yall are being dense. But I guess im a Drake ********r so im done with the topic. Im back on the disses.

Back
Top Bottom