Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We really putting Drake and Doja cat in the same sentence? lol my God. Yall got it fam. Drake is a white man in disguise and all ****** that listen to his music are ****s. Got it.

I assume we all change our cadences and words to some extent depending on the environment, especially if you work in a corporate job, but that's different from just putting on an entirely new accent.
Imagine something like a white UK person with a native London accent occasionally swapping to a Scottish accent. Is that not ridiculous?

the accent thing is the dumbest thing.

in 2009 it was really not make it as a rapper from another country. To this day American audience complain about UK rap and their accents.

drake sounded more American pre more life and then switches back to a toronto accent once he was a big enough star that people couldn't question it.
Hence the More Life album and the promotion of UK rappers, it was a way to get Americans comfortable with rappers with different accents.

he did it to appeal to narrow minded Americans, and the same narrow minded Americans are mad at him for dropping it. :lol:

also Canadians consume 99% American media, most city dwelling Canadians are capable of sounding 100% American depending on the audience. this is paticular to canada being that it is right beside the most powerful nation on earth. :lol:

Lets make a list.

Quentin Miller, iLoveMackonnen,Blockboy JB, Smiley, PND, The Weeknd, Sexxy Red, Lil baby...... I'm probably missing some but Drake is the biggest wave hopper in the industry.

If a rapper gets a buzz the Canadian vulture is swooping in.

Can’t forget about Phonte

Fam Drake is only "black" when it's convenient... That dude is not for black people or out culture. Go back and watch that interview he did with Bron. He said verbatim "my darkest friends" in reference to some of his black friends making him feel unwanted and even stated himself that he's struggled with feeling black enough. Then fast forward to him calling Ross racist in that text to his mom... If you're both black then how is he being racist to you? It's not even about skin color, Drake just isn't in tune with the black experience. Mans was raised by a Jewish white lady in the suburbs, yeah his Dad is black but by Drake's account, he wasn't present. J. Cole is biracial and you never see his blackness get called into the question because Cole makes it known he's black through his music and actions. MC Gusto literally has a blaccent that he puts on when he's around black folks. I'm just glad he's finally being called out by a peer. Dude is the definition of a vulture.

He even said it yesterday himself that Drake had to come here to steal the sauce to get put on :lol: …Won’t be no “#1 rapper” without him doing his American rapper Karaoke and cosplay…Wanna see how yo tries to spin his own words now

"stealing" :lol: :lol: :lol:

American myopia is hilarious. y'all really don't think about the world outside of your country.

the accent thing is the dumbest thing.

in 2009 it was really not make it as a rapper from another country. To this day American audience complain about UK rap and their accents.

drake sounded more American pre more life and then switches back to a toronto accent once he was a big enough star that people couldn't question it.
Hence the More Life album and the promotion of UK rappers, it was a way to get Americans comfortable with rappers with different accents.

he did it to appeal to narrow minded Americans, and the same narrow minded Americans are mad at him for dropping it. :lol:

also Canadians consume 99% American media, most city dwelling Canadians are capable of sounding 100% American depending on the audience. this is paticular to canada being that it is right beside the most powerful nation on earth. :lol:

He didn’t just turn his Canada accent on or off. Damn near every region he landed in he picked a city to try and cosplay as being from there. U Gobbling

Also he even criticized the very Toronto accent he “switched back to” :lol:

Fam Drake is only "black" when it's convenient... That dude is not for black people or out culture. Go back and watch that interview he did with Bron. He said verbatim "my darkest friends" in reference to some of his black friends making him feel unwanted and even stated himself that he's struggled with feeling black enough. Then fast forward to him calling Ross racist in that text to his mom... If you're both black then how is he being racist to you? It's not even about skin color, Drake just isn't in tune with the black experience. Mans was raised by a Jewish white lady in the suburbs, yeah his Dad is black but by Drake's account, he wasn't present. J. Cole is biracial and you never see his blackness get called into the question because Cole makes it known he's black through his music and actions. MC Gusto literally has a blaccent that he puts on when he's around black folks. I'm just glad he's finally being called out by a peer. Dude is the definition of a vulture.
Bro Cole was raised by his white mother as well. His step father was white, and his brother white. Or at least looks white. We dont know what his mother or moms people have said in his house or growing up. They all use it when its convenient. If you got a white mom im sure you were raised similar. However I would never make those statements about Cole, because the whole point to me is just trivial.

Black Americans/rappers never had a problem with reggae/dancehall artists

Or that not convenient for the argument?

It's funny because all my life I've heard Africans do this to black Americans.

My mom calls anyone not from Africa white. :lol:

"They're not really black"
"They're white people"
"They don't have a culture"

I heard Burns Boy say something similar recently.

If I think it's dumb when Nigerians do it, trust me I think it's dumb when Americans do it.
Black Americans will tell you straight up they don’t identify with Africans, it’s not some secret. Been too long and too much history was lost.

people out here researching, studying and breaking down the psychological and racial breakdown of a 6-minute Drake diss like its a college thesis :lol:

KDot won. It’s over.
You know what, I was thinking the same thing. Because I lost the whole plot admittedly

"stealing" :lol: :lol: :lol:

American myopia is hilarious. y'all really don't think about the world outside of your country.

Rap and more specifically the regional hues of it don’t exist outside of Black American culture. ****** in canada tryna figure out the accents and dance moves of ****** below the mason dixon line not the other way around mandem

Before Like that, I swear I could of went to the club (In the hood, 3rd ward off of Blodgett to be exact) for three weekends in a row and not heard a single Kendrick track. But now ****** wanna act like all they do is jam Kendrick and never listen to Drake.

Bro Cole was raised by his white mother as well. His step father was white, and his brother white. Or at least looks white. We dont know what his mother or moms people have said in his house or growing up. They all use it when its convenient. If you got a white mom im sure you were raised similar. However I would never make those statements about Cole, because the whole point to me is just trivial.
1st... Why are you quoting me? Did you jot just say you're done with this conversation?

2nd... Yes you're literally proving my point. Why Cole fully accepted as a black man and Drake isn't?

Before Like that, I swear I could of went to the club (In the hood, 3rd ward off of Blodgett to be exact) for three weekends in a row and not heard a single Kendrick track. But now ****** wanna act like all they do is jam Kendrick and never listen to Drake.

it's very simple. They don't like Drake, and they like J Cole. It's all very simple. :lol:

They can pretend this is the new civil rights movement, but it's so transparent it's just hating. and i get some times we hate rappers.

but only with Drake do we pretend like it's letters from Birmingham jail. :lol:

Cole grew up in Fayetteville North Carolina....and it shows.

Very different childhood photos.

1714586570520.png

I'll say this. Ive dated mainly mixed chicks my whole life, and my current girl is mixed with a black mom. Bi racials with a black mom, vs ones with a white mom tend to have less identity issues from my experience. (Just going off what ive seen, not trying to offend anyone)

Back
Top Bottom