Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I have no idea.

I think this new anti ovo alliance of future, ross, Dot, Metro, and others will definitely have a trickle down effect and these records Dot pumpin out every hour sure as hell aint helpin the cause. I can see it being kinda Ja Rule-ish to the point where he only has a small handful of ppl that are willing to work with em. Newer artists I can see still collabing off the strength, but established acts that are relevant will probably steer clear. Lookin like all he has left in his corner at this time is Nicki, Weezy, 21, and Big Sexy…not the best roster to have. But we may be witnessing a restructuring in who is the go to go for rap and after the dust settles it may no longer be Drake.
I definitely think we see a damaged goods version of drake going forward. I don't think his fall from grace will be anywhere near as far as Ja's.

The alliance blackballing drake will definitely change the way his career looks but drake is usually the alpha on those tracks so some of the alliance will be taking a hit as well.

kendrick stays with the weak jabs.

IMG_0560.gif

I definitely think we see a damaged goods version of drake going forward. I don't think his fall from grace will be anywhere near as far as Ja's.

The alliance blackballing drake will definitely change the way his career looks but drake is usually the alpha on those tracks so some of the alliance will be taking a hit as well.

Very true I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of those acts NEEDED Drake, So Im interested to see how they fair once that life line is no longer available. But that whole buddy buddy/Khaled era, 5+ dudes on a song w/ Drake definitely gave us plenty of mid microwave music. It was only so long we could keep shifting the same 5-6 acts collabing with Drake before it got redundant.

I think this is over but I wont count my eggs before they hatch. We gotta see what Drake has up next, but it aint looking good. If he comes back from this itll be legendary but thats looking impossible but we’ll have to see it through.

I just haven’t been this excited about music in so long so Im appreciating every second of this. I aint been in the NBA thread in days 😂

Kendrick dismantling the boy atp. Drake said you rap like a community leader trying to free the slaves but you beat on your lady and that **** rolled off Dot like water on a ducks back :lol:.

Then people and Kendrick flipped like he called us slaves and it’s working brilliantly. It’s wouldn’t have worked on anybody else, but since Drake is mixed and on shaky grounds culturally he’s attacking him from that angle in every diss. Masterful display by Kendrick.

Is this the dethroning of Drake?

Say what you want about who is the best Drake has been the biggest guy in rap for a decade. Does this put an end to that?

I don't know about dethroning because when was the last time Drake represented hip hop? He's been a pop act since probably the Views album. He really ain't moved or started nothing in hip hop in a decade. Everybody he latch onto is already poppin. None of them OVO dudes are poppin, supposed to be the biggest "rapper" but he has the quietest label. It don't add up.

It's definitely a cultural cleansing going on. A lot of dudes been watching him vulture hip hop and it feels he started doing blatant sucka **** and _'s like "aight that's the last straw". Ross, Metro, Future, Rocky. Now I think what set Dot off is when they wanted him on First Person Shooter, he probably felt offended like Drake tryna get him to be fake friends again like with everybody else and here we are.

I don't know about dethroning because when was the last time Drake represented hip hop? He's been a pop act since probably the Views album. He really ain't moved or started nothing in hip hop in a decade. Everybody he latch onto is already poppin. None of them OVO dudes are poppin, supposed to be the biggest "rapper" but he has the quietest label. It don't add up.

It's definitely a cultural cleansing going on. A lot of dudes been watching him vulture hip hop and it feels he started doing blatant sucka **** and _'s like "aight that's the last straw". Ross, Metro, Future, Rocky. Now I think what set Dot off is when they wanted him on First Person Shooter, he probably felt offended like Drake tryna get him to be fake friends again like with everybody else and here we are.

This feels different, Aubrey has been as untouchable as a person can be in the industry even off all of the allegations and stuff over the years. He's always just been able to ignore and move on. Nobody has come for his *** in this way before that has the credibility and conviction hat Dot has. He's actually trying to end this dude as an entity in the industry. The disgust and disdain he has for Drake is palpable and real. He HATES this man. And trying to get him all the way outta the paint.

This feels different, Aubrey has been as untouchable as a person can be in the industry even off all of the allegations and stuff over the years. He's always just been able to ignore and move on. Nobody has come for his *** in this way before that has the credibility and contribution that Dot has. He's actually trying to end this dude as an entity in the industry. The disgust and disdain he has for Drake is palpable and real. He HATES this man. And trying to get him all the way outta the paint.
Drake will always be around because his core audience really isn't of the culture... But within the culture he'll be seen as more of a pop act who isn't to be taken too seriously on the hip-hop front...

Instead of being passive of aggressive and worrying about the commentary... Can you tell us your thoughts on the music brother?
I must admit this has made me a fan of Kendrick honestly. Didn’t really rock with him before but he’s shown why he’s considered top tier.

Back
Top Bottom