Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1714934108011.png

Mans warned him.
1714934237724.png

Drake emptied the clip. It’s over. The culture ain’t on his side. The women ain’t on his side with this pedo talk lol. And also Kendrick is just out rapping him too on top of that. Kendrick just dropped song of the summer. Leave it alone, and drop a R&B tape or something.. This is bigger than Drake vs Kendrick. This is the machine vs counter culture

he's smart for limiting his comments because I can see everyone trolling the **** out of his ig right now

Much respect to Kendrick. After Mr.Morale (which I liked but a lot of my homeboys didn’t) I really thought he was cooked as far as the mainstream or just like in the community with what young ppl want to listen to, but boy he shut me up. Dude made a bop without even trying probably, and has demystified one of the biggest acts in the last 15 years. He is the boogeyman.

Lol as a black man, the way Kendrick is rapping just makes me C walk myself. Drake can’t hit those type of inflections with his voice. He just can’t.

Much respect to Kendrick. After Mr.Morale (which I liked but a lot of my homeboys didn’t) I really thought he was cooked as far as the mainstream or just like in the community with what young ppl want to listen to, but boy he shut me up. Dude made a bop without even trying probably, and has demystified one of the biggest acts in the last 15 years. He is the boogeyman.
Agree but Drake was "demystified" the moment Meek exposed the ghostwriters...

Question... Do we hold it against Drake if he bows out right now? Or do we want a comeback attempt?
He’s coming back.

It’ll 100% be his attempt at super ugly where he’s talking crazy but none of it lands

You can see that coming a mile away because he’s scrambling right now. Completely caught off guard. He dropped a music video and an interlude on IG and Kendrick stepped on all of that within the same hour :rofl:

Question... Do we hold it against Drake if he bows out right now? Or do we want a comeback attempt?

Me personally no.

And it's just because I realize that while he may lose this battle, in the long run he isn't losing anything.

He will continue to make music that will top the charts.

Clearly he lost to Pusha and that didn't stop any momentum.

In 6 months to a year he will drop an album, it will sell well.

He will still get jabs about how Kendrick killed him but nothing is stopping his fan base from supporting him.

Agree but Drake was "demystified" the moment Meek exposed the ghostwriters...
Facts that was the first break in the armor, Push made him look like a fraud too with the blackface. But Kendrick is just different because commercially he is right up there with Drake. It’s like if a rapper was gonna be sent to destroy Drake he was really the only dude capable. Ye is old and out of touch now

It’s past that already. Kendrick already warned him we could’ve kept it in the exhibition lane on just hip hop. Drake stepped over that personal line, and all his dirt will unfold. Like Ye said, the elimination of Drake is officially in full effect.

Back
Top Bottom