Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Now that we in chill mode what's y'all's final count and track rankings of the beef?

Based on the track order list Dot basically swept this dude with the timing and strategy, but Family Matters is def one of the top tracks to come outta this whole joint it just got **** on immediately.

Here's my list:
1. Euphoria
2. Like That
3. Family Matters
4. Not Like Us
5. Meet the Grahams (may be the best diss track ever but feel dirty listening to it haha)
6. 616 in LA
7. Push Ups
8. The Heart Part 6

Funny you post this, I thought about it. My unbiased opinion (I tread lightly for the last few days seeing how riled up both sides got :lol: )

1. Not Like Us
2. Family Matters
3. 6:16 in LA
4. Meet the Grahams
5. Push Ups

6-8 are at the bottom for a reason

6. Euphoria (robot voices)
7. Like That (as a Future fan this song felt out of place)
8. The Heart Part 6 (no explanation required)

1. Meet the Grahams

2. Family Matters
3. 6:16 in LA

4. Euphoria ditto on the voice changes takes away from Kendrick's raps at times to me
5. Pushups
6. Not like us

Like That ain't even Kendrick's song and 45 secs of raps so it gets no placement.

The Heart pt. 6. **** so trash it don't count.

Not Like Us - Bop
Euphoria - Energy
Meet the Grahams - Disrespectful
Family Matters
Push Ups
The Heart 6

My list looks biased but that’s just my opinion. Drake had a few lines I liked but he didn’t have the range to pull it through. Push Ups and Family Matters are the same record and it was indirect. Second verse was fire though.

DSCF8398.jpg

Gods Plan.

Kendrick can do what Drake does (better than Drake) but Drake could never do what Kendrick does.

Once the smoke clears Drake folks will still be Drake folks and Kendrick folks will still be Kendrick folks.

If Drake can accept humility and understand his place, then he'll be alright.

These artists stand for completely different values and principles.

One measures currency and the other measures culture.

images.jpg

Kendrick brought balance to the chaos, making the powers very nervous.

Either you of the World (Drake) or of the Father (Kendrick).

That crown of thorns Kendrick wears is very symbolic...he ain't wearing it for nothing. He knows what comes with it. (Not like a Kanye).

Kendrick has walked into the house his Father built and cleared the temple courts of the money changers.

Whoopin Feet.

Wop, Wop Wop, Wop, Wop...

Screenshot-2021-03-01-at-12.43.46.jpg

Jesus Clears the Temple Courts​

John 2:13-17

13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.

15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[c]

Passover 2024 begins at sundown on Monday, April 22nd, and ends the evening of Tuesday, April 30th

On April 30, Kendrick, 36, responded to Drake's tracks with "Euphoria".

God's Plan

Last edited:
DSCF8398.jpg

Gods Plan.

Kendrick can do what Drake does (better than Drake) but Drake could never do what Kendrick does.

Once the smoke clears Drake folks will still be Drake folks and Kendrick folks will still be Kendrick folks.

If Drake can accept humility and understand his place, then he'll be alright.

These artists stand for completely different values and principles.

One measures currency and the other measures culture.

images.jpg

Kendrick brought balance to the chaos, making the powers very nervous.

Either you of the World (Drake) or of the Father (Kendrick).

That crown of thorns Kendrick wears is very symbolic...he ain't wearing it for nothing. He knows what comes with it. (Not like a Kanye).

Kendrick has walked into the house his Father built and cleared the temple courts of the money changers.

Whoopin Feet.

Wop, Wop Wop, Wop, Wop...

Screenshot-2021-03-01-at-12.43.46.jpg

Jesus Clears the Temple Courts​

John 2:13-17

13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.

15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[c]

Passover 2024 begins at sundown on Monday, April 22nd, and ends the evening of Tuesday, April 30th

On April 30, Kendrick, 36, responded to Drake's tracks with "Euphoria".

God's Plan

Whooping feet is also a popular cali gang term but what you e posted is dope,

can tell who wasn't paying attention during ELA in school, dudes don't even know about inflection

Ish look so sad. Looking like Drake uncle. :lol: :smh:
I didn't get why though. So Drake lost a rap beef. Big deal, not the first time.

Why is it so hard to accept that Kendrick beat him with substance, beat him with style, beat him with aggression, beat him with overall skill?

And hey, Drake definitely showed something here. Family Matters is dope. Not a nuke but still great. Just wasn't enought and it gets brought down by heart pt. 6

I didn't get why though. So Drake lost a rap beef. Big deal, not the first time.

Why is it so hard to accept that Kendrick beat him with substance, beat him with style, beat him with aggression, beat him with overall skill?

And hey, Drake definitely showed something here. Family Matters is dope. Not a nuke but still great. Just wasn't enought and it gets brought down by heart pt. 6

It's a lot of people see themselves in Drake. So seeing him fall, is like seeing them fall too.

considering the way Kendrick is breaking records, I think Drake will drop another one. He probably has 2 or 3 songs ready that will only require some tweaking to respond to Kendrick's follow-up.

Dude is petty and self centered to let it go.

The thing is, if he keeps moving forward, in many people's eyes, he's won. As I mentioned before, there's no clear winner. There are several polls out there saying Drake won.

But Kdot doing major numbers ....
no clear winner? **** them polls

it’s black and white (pun intended). kendrick washed and rinsed aubrey

Back
Top Bottom