Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I didn't get why though. So Drake lost a rap beef. Big deal, not the first time.

Why is it so hard to accept that Kendrick beat him with substance, beat him with style, beat him with aggression, beat him with overall skill?

And hey, Drake definitely showed something here. Family Matters is dope. Not a nuke but still great. Just wasn't enought and it gets brought down by heart pt. 6

some folks fandom attached to Drake becomes personal in the same way folks feel like Kenny represents the culture as a whole and attach to that

parasocial relationships wild

Drake and his stans really is the Cowboys of the hip hop scene huh
IMG_0969.jpeg

some folks fandom attached to Drake becomes personal in the same way folks feel like Kenny represents the culture as a whole and attach to that

parasocial relationships wild
what Drake diehards love most is the idea of Drake. the idea that they themselves can transform from regular guy to jet-setting playboy/mafia don. Drake is the human embodiment of that Ferrari poster on a boys bedroom wall

considering the way Kendrick is breaking records, I think Drake will drop another one. He probably has 2 or 3 songs ready that will only require some tweaking to respond to Kendrick's follow-up.

Dude is petty and self centered to let it go.

The thing is, if he keeps moving forward, in many people's eyes, he's won. As I mentioned before, there's no clear winner. There are several polls out there saying Drake won.

But Kdot doing major numbers ....

tenor.gif

I didn't get why though. So Drake lost a rap beef. Big deal, not the first time.

Why is it so hard to accept that Kendrick beat him with substance, beat him with style, beat him with aggression, beat him with overall skill?

And hey, Drake definitely showed something here. Family Matters is dope. Not a nuke but still great. Just wasn't enought and it gets brought down by heart pt. 6

Aubrey was the light skin ambassador. They were up. Now they're down.

He should start hyping up that Bhris Brown diss.

Kendrick been #2 on my list for a while, behind Pac. For me, credentials for GOAT go beyond how good you are in your field, reason Jordan may forever be the GOAT. His overall impact can’t be matched. Only knock on Kendrick is that he hasn’t really stepped out there, and I truly understand why he hasn’t, Mortal Man. He’s shown he can be a good actor, and has excelled in ways no other rapper has. He has the power to speak to and reach different audiences. Maybe this beef will be the push to truly claim the power and become the leader many of us see in him.

Folks gon laugh but he definitely moved up the list. This was best rap battle performance ever. Had the whole game on pause for 6 weeks.
Especially after dropping a diss right after Drake dropped

That like when you block a shot
Get a rebound and dunk on a fast break
The momentum just changed after that
And then Not Like Us dropped the after that it was over :lol: :lol:

Drake lucky “Not Like Us” didn’t drop during football season

Even though it’s definitely going to be played for someone’s tunnel exit

Back
Top Bottom