Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

20240508_144746.jpg

20240508_145250.jpg

genius_lyric_card_20240508_144855.jpg

Bar aged like milk :lol:

mr morale like seinfeld, a lot of people will start valuing it as they enter different chapters of their lives

I've been saying that since the album came out

Especially the people who say it has no replay value. Only We Cry Together is really like that.

I've been saying that since the album came out

Especially the people who say it has no replay value. Only We Cry Together is really like that.
We Cry together is definitely a tough listen.

Which is a shame because that's another Alchemist beat that is just :sick::sick:

DIABOLICAL

DOWNLOADED THO
Houghton said he was also concerned by Drake’s use of the No. 81 in a verse of his song ‘God’s Plan’, which some people believe is a reference to Kobe Bryant scoring 81 points against the Raptors during a game in 2006, but which others believe is a nod to the gang: “Fifty Dub, I even got it tatted on me; 81, they’ll bring the crashers to the party; and you know me.

In biker culture, the number 81 stands for the eighth letter of the alphabet (H) and the first letter of the alphabet (A). It is commonly used as a code for “Hell's Angels” or “HA
The boy about to be riding a bike with the Sons of Anarchy in his next album :lol:

Honestly K Dot might be a better actor and rapper than Drake
He's definitely underrated as an actor. I was watching the Count me Out video and I was like man this brotha could be in films. Personally I never cared for Drakes acting. Contrary to popular belief I feel like hes a way better rapper/musican than his acting stuff. But people love it.

I don’t get it why these old heads who have been in and around the business are acting like this isn’t something that has happened in rap beefs for decades.

Exactly what I would expect from this man.

Early on a Monday morning in 2017, I was headed to work on the Amtrak.

The conductor and I were cool so I greeted him as I usually do, and asked him about the family, and how his weekend went.

Cool brother - blue collar working man, salt of the Earth - man's man.

This time I could tell he was in a bad mood by the look on his face so when I asked him what was up he asked me if I liked The Roots.

Of course I do Fam - who doesn't?

He then said - Well never meet your heroes, Brother. Points to the front of the car where I see a huge afro, then steps off into the next car to continue checking tickets.

I didn't put two and two together at the time.

As I get closer to my stop I go to the bathroom.

When I come out I'm standing face to face with Questlove as he was coming out of the adjacent bathroom at the same time.

That man looked me dead in the eyes and proceeded to give me the stankest eye roll I ever saw from a man.

Legit Nikki Minaj status...

NbZT.gif

Mind you this ain't a private jet or a limo or even first class on a plane - it's Amtrak Fam.

As I got off the train, I dap the conductor up and asked him what was up with main man.

All he could do was shake his head..." I told you, bro."

I could understand not wanting to be bothered but carrying on like that on an Amtrak and treating the working man like crap is disgusting.

Some of these folks (talented as they may be) ain't about nothing fr fr.

I don’t get it why these old heads who have been in and around the business are acting like this isn’t something that has happened in rap beefs for decades.

Shut up Quest Love. :lol:

The culture of hip hop needed this. Buddy been a leeching for too long. It's always good when people don't have to fake smile and fake be cool because we don't wanna make anybody uncomfortable. This was long overdue.

The old heads been lost the plot on the “hip hop is dead” ****, doesn’t meant anything…They wanted bars, competition and going at each other but when it actually happens it’s too much for em or they choosing sides based on corporate/money/personal interests, hate to see it :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom