Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This point I just want to know what Kendrick had on Cole to retreat.
That's my bike punk! - The Town Tavern - SurfTalk

took his bike
Cole out there big time relaxing :lol:

Macbook at the beach is next level
took a personal day out in montauk
like Joel from eternal sunshine
Jim Carrey

Another thing I don't get from Drake is why he still tryna keep hope alive for him and Future's relationship. Future called him a h03, said he don't trust you, called him a fan just like Dot did.

Drake think he can beef with Metro and Future gon be cool with that?

I don’t get it why these old heads who have been in and around the business are acting like this isn’t something that has happened in rap beefs for decades.

Absolutely spot on. RAP BATTLES have been an integral part of hip-hop culture since its inception. Growing up, one of my favorite DJs was DJ KaySlay; he always had the heat / drama on those mixtapes. Those were truly great times.

Screenshot_20240508_172126_Chrome.jpg

Exactly what I would expect from this man.

Early on a Monday morning in 2017, I was headed to work on the Amtrak.

The conductor and I were cool so I greeted him as I usually do, and asked him about the family, and how his weekend went.

Cool brother - blue collar working man, salt of the Earth - man's man.

This time I could tell he was in a bad mood by the look on his face so when I asked him what was up he asked me if I liked The Roots.

Of course I do Fam - who doesn't?

He then said - Well never meet your heroes, Brother. Points to the front of the car where I see a huge afro, then steps off into the next car to continue checking tickets.

I didn't put two and two together at the time.

As I get closer to my stop I go to the bathroom.

When I come out I'm standing face to face with Questlove as he was coming out of the adjacent bathroom at the same time.

That man looked me dead in the eyes and proceeded to give me the stankest eye roll I ever saw from a man.

Legit Nikki Minaj status...

NbZT.gif

Mind you this ain't a private jet or a limo or even first class on a plane - it's Amtrak Fam.

As I got off the train, I dap the conductor up and asked him what was up with main man.

All he could do was shake his head..." I told you, bro."

I could understand not wanting to be bothered but carrying on like that on an Amtrak and treating the working man like crap is disgusting.

Some of these folks (talented as they may be) ain't about nothing fr fr.
Maybe he was just having a bad day?

Off that story - if it’s true - the conductor had an unfavorable interaction and he rolled his eyes at you (in a sassy way) as the two of you came face to face coming out the bathroom.

No words were said right?

Hip hop is dead but we just got the best display of real hip hop I've personally ever seen in my life, at least in terms of mainstream recognition. East coast bias once again.

I was furious when this came out and they were talking about DMX, calling him a crackhead. Mostly because it was true. I already knew that poison was going be detrimental to him. I'm a big fan of DMX...

Screenshot_20240508_174814_YouTube.jpg

I've been keeping up with his Thugs case through this TikTok https://www.tiktok.com/@imnotalawyerbut?_t=8mBnUA5ZQaI&_r=1, and some of the antics in that courtroom really highlight why people lack faith in the judicial system. I believe he may have done something, but if I were on that jury, after enduring 70-plus days of dealing with those arrogant, combative, corrupt lawyers, cops, and the judicial system, my mind would already be leaning towards a verdict of not guilty. It's just insane, missing reports, coerced interviews/statements/perjury, you name it, it's all been on display by the state/prosecutor's office.

Back
Top Bottom