Rap crews that folded like envelopes

Originally Posted by RhymeSik

Originally Posted by Aze201

DITC, Wu, Native Tongues, What is going on with Dungeon Family?
How did the Wu fold when there still dropping albums and doing music together?
At first I thought "is he serious", then i saw your sig and chuckled. Maybe we have a different definition of folding, but when people have asignificant drop in relevance, I see that as folding. That said, just because people are still doing music does not mean they haven't "folded".Murder inc. rappers still make music, but they've folded. Hell Rell, 40 cal are making albums, but dipset has folded. The Wu are still making musictogether, BARELY I might add, but they've folded. Again by my definition of folding, which I think is pretty accurate

I don't think a crew has folded until it's members have disbanded or they can no longer perform together due to outside circumstances. Relevancedepends on the demographic of the crew, i.e. everyone knowing about 8 Diagrams though no one bought it. Wu-Tang definately hasn't folded, they justhaven't sold any albums.

YO!
What is going on with Dungeon Family?
smh.gif

The Dungeon Family is forever, homeboy. Sir Lucious Leftfoot: The Son of Chico Dusty in your earholes this summer. DF!!!

I don't agree. Maybe my definition of fold is different then others but a lot of the groups mentioned in here had STRONG runs and some are still going. Ithought you meant groups that had a few songs then fell off.

I don't agree. Maybe my definition of fold is different then others but a lot of the groups mentioned in here had STRONG runs and some are still going. I thought you meant groups that had a few songs then fell off.

Agree...........

major figgas
cash money click (and no not cash money millionares,group ja rule was first in)

i mean groups that folded before their time or potential was realized, i.e , the Maccabeez

Originally Posted by grittyman20

First thing that came to mind was....

257485083_small.jpg
i use to LOVE those "world" sites.....nasworld, jayzworld, dblockworld etc.
jayzworld was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
they had like every single song the roc had back then from jayzto get low records
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

I don't think a crew has folded until it's members have disbanded or they can no longer perform together due to outside circumstances.
I thought they couldn't have a tour because dudes couldn't get along? Isn't it hell to get dudes in the studio?

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by grittyman20

First thing that came to mind was....

257485083_small.jpg
i use to LOVE those "world" sites.....nasworld, jayzworld, dblockworld etc.
jayzworld was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
they had like every single song the roc had back then from jayz to get low records
laugh.gif

eek.gif
You just took me back..

Firm was doomed from the get go.....but I never really knew how many people (industry wise) hated that album. There was a couple of dope tracks. My gem is theone with Nature and Dre. I just think they came out at the wrong time.

Why doesn't AZ and Nas just make an album. They always make good music together.......

D4L? Hove and Kells?

Seriously, Nas was mentioning the premp album but honestly, I rather hear him with AZ. That's reallly something to remember.

Another Bad Creation.........damn i miss the days.....when they gone come back.......im gettin tired of the dumb rap......word to Cassidy........on a sidenote...Playground was my JAM

BOOT CAMP CLICK (Even though they came out with an album a few years ago I still consider them done)

LOST BOYZ

PYSCHO REALM

Lost Boyz for sure. They suffered a bad sophomore album.
I can agree with Boot Camp cause I've never liked their stuff.

Some other:
Onyx - Sucks cause they had a good style that was out for what it is, but people will only know them for Slam. Throw Your Gunz in the Air was dope though.
Organized Konfusion
3rd Bass
DTP - Ludas group/album
PSC - had little to no play
Kris Kross?

Infamous Syndicate. Both females could flow(pun not intended) and their album had nice production from No I.D. and some young cat named Kanye.

We know what happened to Rashawnna, but what happened to Lateefah¿

EDIT: Just found her Myspace. She's still doin her thang.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ I want to hear more of their joints. Never heard much. DF!!!

They have some on the group's myspace. Then from there, you can go to either Teefa or Shawnna's page and listen to some of their stuff. Listen to"What That boy Like". Both of their flows are crazy.

I just realized I never answered your question about the ballet either. Overall it was excellent. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I was suprised tosee Rube out there doing his thing. Janelle Monae had probably the best performance in my opinion because not only is her voice amazing in person, but shealso danced as well. She did some ballet and then busted out and moonwalked!!! It was an event to remember. Big Boi's new song was pretty fresh as well. It almost reminds me of the Aquemini with his flow on it. The chorus is pretty sick too. I'm positive you'll love it.

Back
Top Bottom