RapGenius.com is the illest!!!!

I checked the site out for the first time yesterday... Concept is really cool...

There is a bit of reaching in a lot of the lyrics... And a lot of missed points throughout IMO...

That 1st Jay-Z for Dummies thread gave a lot of insight to his lyrics... Some even more insightful than what was found on the sight...

I was dissapointed in the whoever did Dipsets lyrics personally...
laugh.gif
 (save the jokes)... They missed a lot of obvious s**t...

Cool sight nonetheless...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by cartune

You didnt know Richard Pryor set himself on fire?

Nah, I didn't. According to RapGenius, he was tryna whip up some "Anne Mae"? Is that right?
+

@Miniojw Thanks for WhoSampled.com
wink.gif
He was freebasing cocaine, and in a suicide attempt doused himself in alcohol and lit himself on fire.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

I can see how people would say that the site reaches.

We each perceive the music differently i.e. get different meanings.

Sometimes people think too deep when the artist meant something simple.
This.

Some of it can be perceived as reaches but at the end of the day it's just another community (like NT) of people giving their take on the music and its meanings so I honor it

Yea ive been going on there for a while but not to read meanings of lyrics. There is definitely a lot of reaching on there and a lot of the meanings are just redundant with the actual lyrics. The people on the site are usually quick with putting up new lyrics so sometimes I use it to read lyrics while I listen to new music. :pimp:

The site is good but they really need to have someone double check what people are editing because they be putting some irrelevant **** on there. Like for instance there was a song that mentions Harvard and then in the explanation the dude writes something like I bet this is Jeremy's Lins favorite song and then posts a picture of jlin I mean what type of corny **** is that?

Last edited:
I'm reading some Chief Keef lyrics 
laugh.gif
 this is comical.

"He has a pistol & will shoot you on sight" 
roll.gif

Reach is right. Gonna check for more Kendrick/Frank stuff tho, guys with actual deep stuff to decipher.

Last edited:
Just read this:

"vet is obviously short here for veteran, joe budden has like a dozen dope albums…"

laugh.gif
NO. Why do people add their stupid irrelevant opinions along with the explanation.

late pass

bu this is where all the NT'er steal the info they get about rap lyrics

then come here and sound super smart

Back
Top Bottom