Rappers That'll Be Popular Within the Next Year?

Any recommendations for not-so-mainstream rappers that y'all think will be popular within the next year?

The reason I ask is because my fraternity throws a huge spring party each year and in the past we've had Yung Joc and DMX,
but we're trying to book someone for next year that we can get for cheap now, but has a good chance of blowing up soon.

Right now the two recommendations I've made are Ty Dolla $ign and Peewee Longway.

Thoughts?

I despise PeeWee Longways dirty cannonball looking *** but you made the right choice with him. I can definitely see him blowing up next year.

Get Lil Reese/Fredo Santana. They might be already kind of popular now but they might not cost too much to book. I think.

That's all I can think of for real.

IAMSU
Joey Fatts
Casey Veggies
Rockie Fresh
Isaiah Rashad
Dom Kennedy (even tho he shoulda BEEN blew up)
Nipsey Hussle

I would stick with the washed up rappers and get Mike Jones

This has actually been brought up, haha.

The whole idea is not only do we want a great concert, we want someone that makes a fair amount of college kids want to come to our house to see, therefore we try to get someone who's fairly popular. We have a 20-30k budget to play around with, so we have to get an artist either before or after their prime. This year Yung Joc got a lot of people out, but his performance was mediocre at best.

Last edited:
This has actually been brought up, haha.

The whole idea is not only do we want a great concert, we want someone that makes a fair amount of college kids want to come to our house to see, therefore we try to get someone who's fairly popular. We have a 20-30k budget to play around with, so we have to get an artist either before or after their prime. This year Yung Joc got a lot of people out, but his performance was mediocre at best.
You must be in a frat from USC haha with 30k to spend

If i had that budget id try to get Joey Bad***** or Flatbush Zombies or Kevin Gates just from a pure im a fan of them standpoint.
I don't know if it would be feasible but ASAP Ferg would prob be live. I wonder if 30k could get run the jewels

No, I'm from the University of Georgia, not USC.

Y'all would be surprised at the prices of booking artists (although I'm sure it doesn't help that we are a fraternity and have nothing else to offer the artist besides our money ). We usually get two artists, one for Friday and one for Saturday.

No, I'm from the University of Georgia, not USC.

Y'all would be surprised at the prices of booking artists (although I'm sure it doesn't help that we are a fraternity and have nothing else to offer the artist besides our money ). We usually get two artists, one for Friday and one for Saturday.

UGA is a great school. Went to Clemson and visited there often to party. Couple of relative unknowns

Some somewhat known artists, but necessarily household names for everyone:
Travi$ Scott
A$AP Ferg
Lil Boosie
Fat Trel
Dom Kennedy
Young Thug
Casey Veggies
King Chip
Lil Jon (Hot right now because of "Turn Down For What")

Lesser known:
Raury (Singer/Rapper from ATL - song "God's Whisper" is blowing up online right now)
Voli (Talented MC from NJ affiliated with J.Cole)
LIZ (song out right now produced by Pharrell off the Spider-Man soundtrack - affiliated with Diplo's Mad Decent label)
Robb Bank$ (Florida MC with a handful of mixtapes out + coverage on the web)

Any recommendations for not-so-mainstream rappers that y'all think will be popular within the next year?

The reason I ask is because my fraternity throws a huge spring party each year and in the past we've had Yung Joc and DMX,
but we're trying to book someone for next year that we can get for cheap now, but has a good chance of blowing up soon.

Right now the two recommendations I've made are Ty Dolla $ign and Peewee Longway.

Thoughts?

try k camp

I know someone who had him perform for 3k last summer but it might have changed since money baby, cut her off took off​

Back
Top Bottom