Rappers Who Went To College

Thats crazy I aint Gucci went to Central State
laugh.gif

Defari has a BA from Cal and and master's from Columbia (Ivy League)
Kidz In The Hall and John Legend went to UPenn (Ivy League)
Ryan Leslie went to Harvard

Originally Posted by sneakersruinedme

immortal technique went to penn state, if i am not mistaken.

did common go to FAMU? because he raps...

went to school in baton rouge for a couple of years
my college career got down with a couple of beers
came back home
now i gotta pay back loans
Nahh, Common went to FAMU. I even heard stories from Alumni from when he used to freestyle in the dorm. And he made a few appearances at ourhomecoming events.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by d0njaye

impressed with David Banner

poli sci and journalism
dude should rap better.
if anything keep doing pop production, but keep himself underground/lyrical.
Hows he talking to youth about doin better and has videos about makin kitty went and stuntin
laugh.gif
You are a funny dude.....
Perhaps you should take all of his music into account when you're trying to judge him, as opposed to just his singles/videos.
Some people like to party. Some dudes like girls and like rapping about them. I like girls. You like girls?
Not everyone wants to hang out in a cipher with 10 other dudes being underground/lyrical like you seem to.
lol, yeah I like girls, and yes I dance in the club to pop tracks. Fab makes pop tracks but is still way more lyrical than David Banner who has ajournalism degree

I remember seeing Lil Wayne walking around campus at UH around my sophomore year; '05 if I remember correctly.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Cam'ron went to Columbia in harlem.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyways, Ryan Leslie is practically a genius he graduated Harvard at the age of 19.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

If all these guys went to college why are they afraid to admit it? Pathetic.

who said they're afraid to admit it? I've never heard of a rapper denying their college education. Just because they don't embrace it rhyme aboutdorm life doesn't mean they're scared to admit they went to college.

Originally Posted by 414hammerboi

I'm callin ducktails on Flav, or at least him graduating. WTH happened?
You are aware the Flava of love shows were produced by him..He may act like an idiot but he is an entertainer so he knows when to turn on hisbusiness/smart side as well..

poli sci and journalism
dude should rap better.
Hows he talking to youth about doin better and has videos about makin kitty went and stuntin
laugh.gif
Perhaps you should take all of his music into account when you're trying to judge him, as opposed to just his singles/videos.
Some people like to party. Some dudes like girls and like rapping about them. I like girls. You like girls?
Not everyone wants to hang out in a cipher with 10 other dudes being underground/lyrical like you seem to.
lol, yeah I like girls, and yes I dance in the club to pop tracks. Fab makes pop tracks but is still way more lyrical than David Banner who has a journalism degree
Damn your pretty lenient with the term "lyrical"....I don't think punchline rappers fit that description.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

poli sci and journalism
dude should rap better.
laugh.gif
lol, yeah I like girls, and yes I dance in the club to pop tracks. Fab makes pop tracks but is still way more lyrical than David Banner who has a journalism degree
Damn your pretty lenient with the term "lyrical"....I don't think punchline rappers fit that description.
hes more than punchlines when he wants to be.
hes not "conscious, background, or thought provoking" but he'll do a few things that will have you wonder how he came up with it.

Not that its really that big of a deal but im guessing MOST of those rappers went to college AFTER the blew up just for the fact that knowledge is power andthey thought it would be smart to get a degree now that they can afford it......

why none of these dudes have science majors?
laugh.gif

kweli @ NYU
eek.gif

didnt know he was THAT smart.

Back
Top Bottom