Rashard Lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA

Free agent Joe Johnson is staying with the Atlanta Hawks, his agent said in a blog published in the Huffington Post website on Sunday.

Arn Tellem, Johnson's agent, said that Johnson was impressed with the team's commitment to him and agreed to accept the club's six-year contract offer.

1007.jpg

Johnson

Atlanta offered Johnson, a four-time All-Star, approximately $119 million over six years -- nearly $27 million more than any other team could offer.

"When the free agency period kicked in, Joe made a point of talking to the Hawks first. Their owners and new coach, Larry Drew, impressed Joe with their commitment to making the team championship-caliber. In turn, Joe felt equally committed to the Hawks, his teammates and the city of Atlanta," Tellem wrote.

Tellem said Johnson, who was wooed by a number of other teams, could have forced a sign-and-trade to another team, but "decided that winning in Atlanta would be more meaningful."

The New York Knicks were the first team to meet with Johnson when he became a free agent at 12:01 a.m. ET Thursday, making it known that he was among the players atop their wish list. The Chicago Bulls contacted Johnson as well, but did not meet with him.

But Johnson did not agree to the Hawks offer immediately, and as of Friday, sources said Johnson was still considering offers from the Knicks and Bulls.

Teams were wooing Johnson with the hope that he could be the first domino in luring one of the top-tier free agents in LeBron James or Dwyane Wade. The Knicks made Johnson their first priority with the hope that if they didn't land James, he could reunite in New York with former Phoenix Suns coach Mike D'Antoni and ex-Suns teammate Amare Stoudemire.

"For his next act, Joe plans to actively recruit other top free agents to Atlanta, a place not unlike his hometown, where he feels comfortable and appreciated," Tellem wrote. "LeBron, you've already met with the front offices of six teams. How about considering the Hawks?"

Free agent Joe Johnson is staying with the Atlanta Hawks, his agent said in a blog published in the Huffington Post website on Sunday.

Arn Tellem, Johnson's agent, said that Johnson was impressed with the team's commitment to him and agreed to accept the club's six-year contract offer.

1007.jpg

Johnson

Atlanta offered Johnson, a four-time All-Star, approximately $119 million over six years -- nearly $27 million more than any other team could offer.

"When the free agency period kicked in, Joe made a point of talking to the Hawks first. Their owners and new coach, Larry Drew, impressed Joe with their commitment to making the team championship-caliber. In turn, Joe felt equally committed to the Hawks, his teammates and the city of Atlanta," Tellem wrote.

Tellem said Johnson, who was wooed by a number of other teams, could have forced a sign-and-trade to another team, but "decided that winning in Atlanta would be more meaningful."

The New York Knicks were the first team to meet with Johnson when he became a free agent at 12:01 a.m. ET Thursday, making it known that he was among the players atop their wish list. The Chicago Bulls contacted Johnson as well, but did not meet with him.

But Johnson did not agree to the Hawks offer immediately, and as of Friday, sources said Johnson was still considering offers from the Knicks and Bulls.

Teams were wooing Johnson with the hope that he could be the first domino in luring one of the top-tier free agents in LeBron James or Dwyane Wade. The Knicks made Johnson their first priority with the hope that if they didn't land James, he could reunite in New York with former Phoenix Suns coach Mike D'Antoni and ex-Suns teammate Amare Stoudemire.

"For his next act, Joe plans to actively recruit other top free agents to Atlanta, a place not unlike his hometown, where he feels comfortable and appreciated," Tellem wrote. "LeBron, you've already met with the front offices of six teams. How about considering the Hawks?"

Well to me, put them head to head, Yao will have no problem scoring on dwight, where dwight will struggle.

and what Yao brings to the rockets can be measured in his contract. he brings alot of China that the contact doesnt show from the numbers

Well to me, put them head to head, Yao will have no problem scoring on dwight, where dwight will struggle.

and what Yao brings to the rockets can be measured in his contract. he brings alot of China that the contact doesnt show from the numbers

Well they don't play head to head for 82 games, and while the Chinese fan base is great for the Rockets, it doesn't help them win games.

Dwight rebounds better, more athletic, better defensive player, and has yet to be injured. Meanwhile, Yao can't seem to stay healthy, not as good of a rebounder, but he does shoot a lot better than Dwight, but still.

Yao scores more, and while he's a better offensive player, but he also puts up 5-7 more shots than Dwight a game. Give Dwight more touches and he'll score more for sure.

Well they don't play head to head for 82 games, and while the Chinese fan base is great for the Rockets, it doesn't help them win games.

Dwight rebounds better, more athletic, better defensive player, and has yet to be injured. Meanwhile, Yao can't seem to stay healthy, not as good of a rebounder, but he does shoot a lot better than Dwight, but still.

Yao scores more, and while he's a better offensive player, but he also puts up 5-7 more shots than Dwight a game. Give Dwight more touches and he'll score more for sure.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Never understood the fuss over how much professional athletes make.

THIS.

Acting like the owners dont make the same x 30. I am all for athletes getting as much money as they can.
You cant be serious....Even when half the world is struggling in this economic crisis?
So now we're bringing into the world's economic crisis into this discussion?
laugh.gif
I hope you feel the same way about Will Smith/Tom Cruise getting 20 mil per movie as well

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Never understood the fuss over how much professional athletes make.

THIS.

Acting like the owners dont make the same x 30. I am all for athletes getting as much money as they can.
You cant be serious....Even when half the world is struggling in this economic crisis?
So now we're bringing into the world's economic crisis into this discussion?
laugh.gif
I hope you feel the same way about Will Smith/Tom Cruise getting 20 mil per movie as well

Originally Posted by Big J 33

How can he score more if he doesnt play? You right there arent alot of centers you would take over yao ming because there arent many to take. Like i said there is only about 10 true centers in the league. about half of them are aging decline of career and the other half are either recent entries like greg olden, blake griffen, andruw bynum.

Of course he seems decent ok if there isnt much competition to compare to. If you just talking big men then he isnt even top 5 or top 10 in big men. Dwight is overall better, dirk, kg, duncan, amar'e, bosh, gasol, i mean i could go on but you get the picture. He isnt a good defensive player he is to slow to guard agile big men, and is a liability on the pick and roll.

Basically all he has a 12-15 ft set jumper and pretty good inside/post game (mostly due to height advantage) Like i said he is this generation big hype player who was gonna be the man and ended up being nuttin more then a serviceable/decent big man at best.

How can he score more if he doesnt play? You right there arent alot of centers you would take over yao ming because there arent many to take. Like i said there is only about 10 true centers in the league. about half of them are aging decline of career and the other half are either recent entries like greg olden, blake griffen, andruw bynum.

Of course he seems decent ok if there isnt much competition to compare to. If you just talking big men then he isnt even top 5 or top 10 in big men. Dwight is overall better, dirk, kg, duncan, amar'e, bosh, gasol, i mean i could go on but you get the picture. He isnt a good defensive player he is to slow to guard agile big men, and is a liability on the pick and roll.

Basically all he has a 12-15 ft set jumper and pretty good inside/post game (mostly due to height advantage) Like i said he is this generation big hype player who was gonna be the man and ended up being nuttin more then a serviceable/decent big man at best.

Yao is better than Dwight when he's actually on the court.

Look at the numbers when they play each other:

[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]W[/th] [th=""]L[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]Yao Ming[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [td].561[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]6.2[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td].789[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]10.4[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]23.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.0[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [td].451[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].600[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]12.2[/td][/tr][/table]

Yao is better than Dwight when he's actually on the court.

Look at the numbers when they play each other:

[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]W[/th] [th=""]L[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]Yao Ming[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]15.4[/td] [td].561[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]6.2[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td].789[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]10.4[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]23.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]34.0[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [td].451[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].600[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]12.2[/td][/tr][/table]

Yao is a much better offensive player than Dwight. Dwight is a better defensive player. I'd still give Dwight the slight edge because of all the injuries Yao has gone through. Plus Dwight is a bigger force on the defensive side than Yao is on the offensive side.

If Yao wasn't injured as much and was a bit more athletic, I might have to go with Yao.

Yao is a much better offensive player than Dwight. Dwight is a better defensive player. I'd still give Dwight the slight edge because of all the injuries Yao has gone through. Plus Dwight is a bigger force on the defensive side than Yao is on the offensive side.

If Yao wasn't injured as much and was a bit more athletic, I might have to go with Yao.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight get enough touches and he shoots enough. hes suck at layups, sucks at jumpshots, and sucks at hookshots. He can only make dunks, whats so hard about that? dont give me that crap. Let dwight howard shoot 20+ times a game and magic will lose everytime.

Yao is still the best center without a doubt, he does it all plus hes got a wet jumper while being 7'6"

roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight get enough touches and he shoots enough. hes suck at layups, sucks at jumpshots, and sucks at hookshots. He can only make dunks, whats so hard about that? dont give me that crap. Let dwight howard shoot 20+ times a game and magic will lose everytime.

Yao is still the best center without a doubt, he does it all plus hes got a wet jumper while being 7'6"

Back
Top Bottom