Ravens will NOT sign autographs for people older than 15 yrs old...

Originally Posted by dland24

While some of you sit there, shaking your heads and claim its inappropriate, I will sit in my living room after work and
laugh.gif
while I look up at my wall and see framed jerseys of Barry Bonds, Steve Young and Jerry Rice with nice signatures on each one of them.

Im a grown $#$ man, and there is nothing wrong with collecting autographs. Period.

Im with you man. I have autographed jerseys of Dirk, Deion Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Josh Howard. They are all framed and look nice on the wall. For me personally there are stories to go along with everyone. How did I get it, where was I, stuff like that is cool to think about. I always have asked the person politely and none of them have ever had a problem with signing something.

There is the right time and place for this type of stuff though. I wouldnt ever bother someone out at dinner or something like that. Ive gotten most of mine at events where the person is pretty much there to sign autographs anyways.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

There is the right time and place for this type of stuff though. I wouldnt ever bother someone out at dinner or something like that. Ive gotten most of mine at events where the person is pretty much there to sign autographs anyways.

Pretty much, 100%.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Pretty much, 100%.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I think it is probably more of "a few bad apples" ruining it for everyone. Because creepy old autograph guy pushing kids away, etc, just gives all people that want something signed a bad name. My guess is that this doesn't last for the Ravens, but if so only through camp regardless
Ok so wouldn't it be easier to make sure that there are no "bad apples" pushing and shoving than making sure that no one older than 15 gets an autograph? My guess is that this has more to do with the resale market or repeat autograph seekers than it does about drawing a line between what is socially appropriate.

There is the right time andplace for this type of stuff though. I wouldnt ever bother someone outat dinner or something like that. Ive gotten most of mine at eventswhere the person is pretty much there to sign autographs anyways.
And asking for an autograph at training camp isn't the right time or place? It's something that has been going on for years in various organizations, not to mention that the Ravens have already acknowledged that it is fine by allowing certain teenagers access to the players.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I think it is probably more of "a few bad apples" ruining it for everyone. Because creepy old autograph guy pushing kids away, etc, just gives all people that want something signed a bad name. My guess is that this doesn't last for the Ravens, but if so only through camp regardless
Ok so wouldn't it be easier to make sure that there are no "bad apples" pushing and shoving than making sure that no one older than 15 gets an autograph? My guess is that this has more to do with the resale market or repeat autograph seekers than it does about drawing a line between what is socially appropriate.

There is the right time andplace for this type of stuff though. I wouldnt ever bother someone outat dinner or something like that. Ive gotten most of mine at eventswhere the person is pretty much there to sign autographs anyways.
And asking for an autograph at training camp isn't the right time or place? It's something that has been going on for years in various organizations, not to mention that the Ravens have already acknowledged that it is fine by allowing certain teenagers access to the players.

^^^ I don't understand the hate for asking a player for an autograph. As long as you aren't acting like a teenage chick who just met Justin Bieber, there's no problem with it

I have a Kobe, Joe Montana, and Jordan jersey, all signed and hung up around my house. And they are some of my most prized possessions.

^^^ I don't understand the hate for asking a player for an autograph. As long as you aren't acting like a teenage chick who just met Justin Bieber, there's no problem with it

I have a Kobe, Joe Montana, and Jordan jersey, all signed and hung up around my house. And they are some of my most prized possessions.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by chickfileezy

So if you met Kobe you wouldn't ask for his autograph? Just wondering....

Most likely not,  I mean, you are saying IF, so most likely I wouldn't have anything Lakers on me for him to sign.
laugh.gif

There's a time and a place, I know most of you know what I mean.  And it's not a fine line at all, it's night and day. 

i agree with you. when i was younger i met kobe and asked for his auto. i was about 14-15. nowadays @ college i see pro players everyday and its cool to see em but im not beggin for his autograph. and also because i have friends in the nfl and the nba so i think its the mindstate that some have, but getting and auto just to sell it is ******ed.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by chickfileezy

So if you met Kobe you wouldn't ask for his autograph? Just wondering....

Most likely not,  I mean, you are saying IF, so most likely I wouldn't have anything Lakers on me for him to sign.
laugh.gif

There's a time and a place, I know most of you know what I mean.  And it's not a fine line at all, it's night and day. 

i agree with you. when i was younger i met kobe and asked for his auto. i was about 14-15. nowadays @ college i see pro players everyday and its cool to see em but im not beggin for his autograph. and also because i have friends in the nfl and the nba so i think its the mindstate that some have, but getting and auto just to sell it is ******ed.

Back
Top Bottom