Ray Allen, really?

WALTHAM, Mass.—If the Miami Heat think they are going to waltz their way to an NBA championship now that they've put Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James together, they should pay attention to Ray Allen.

"So much is being pointed to what we did here," Allen said Tuesday after completing his new contract with the Celtics. "But the question is whether they're ready to sacrifice -- make the ultimate sacrifice. It's not about numbers. It's not about accolades. When we did this in `07, that's what we all knew and what we all said: It (personal glory) didn't matter.

"The question that was posed to us was, 'Who was going to take the last shot?' We all said, 'The guy who's open.'"
http://www.boston.com/spo...m+--+Boston+Celtics+news

(sorry don't know how to embedd) @3:00 mark...

Sorry this bugged me for some reason.
eyes.gif
He lying.

WALTHAM, Mass.—If the Miami Heat think they are going to waltz their way to an NBA championship now that they've put Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James together, they should pay attention to Ray Allen.

"So much is being pointed to what we did here," Allen said Tuesday after completing his new contract with the Celtics. "But the question is whether they're ready to sacrifice -- make the ultimate sacrifice. It's not about numbers. It's not about accolades. When we did this in `07, that's what we all knew and what we all said: It (personal glory) didn't matter.

"The question that was posed to us was, 'Who was going to take the last shot?' We all said, 'The guy who's open.'"
http://www.boston.com/spo...m+--+Boston+Celtics+news

(sorry don't know how to embedd) @3:00 mark...

Sorry this bugged me for some reason.
eyes.gif
He lying.

I remember that interview. Garnett and Pierce both said they would have Allen take the shot, but Allen said "whoever's open."

I remember that interview. Garnett and Pierce both said they would have Allen take the shot, but Allen said "whoever's open."

Ray Allen gave up his personal glory after he left Milwaukee when he was in his last Big 3. People tend to forget that. I believe him. He's in his later years, he aint trying to be Jesus Shuttlesworth with a thunderous dunk in each round of the playoffs. So yeah, whoever is open is right.

KG and Paul said Ray cuz Ray got one of the best jumpers in the league. There's certain dudes who just got a rhythm and form set down so there shots are automatic more times than not.

Ray Allen gave up his personal glory after he left Milwaukee when he was in his last Big 3. People tend to forget that. I believe him. He's in his later years, he aint trying to be Jesus Shuttlesworth with a thunderous dunk in each round of the playoffs. So yeah, whoever is open is right.

KG and Paul said Ray cuz Ray got one of the best jumpers in the league. There's certain dudes who just got a rhythm and form set down so there shots are automatic more times than not.

Back
Top Bottom