Ray Donovan; new series on showtime

Man, somebody give Hank Azaria a job. Son has been GREAT since he came back. It was just getting to know him last season but he's very entertaining as this jerk off bad guy. The whole pretending to be Avi scene
roll.gif
He should be getting mad offers from this. Writing wise it looked a bit weak to bring back a guy as the antagonist for this season at this point in the season but I'm happy they brought the character back just to see Azaria do his thing.

I assume the fire place poker was kept to one day blackmail Finney if he went against Ray. Same way they dumped the preist's body in the foundation of Ezra's hospital.

Daryl need to get his **** together and stop simping. Only Donovan with nothing going on and really got no initiative. Talking about Oprah and whispers
mean.gif

They're still leading to this Terry and Abby relationship
indifferent.gif
mean.gif
It's so blatant at this point I'm hoping there's a twist there. Cuz this is them orbiting a jumping the shark black hole.

I couldn't be sure but was that Sarah Shahi playing the Armenian singer?
nerd.gif
She was looking good.

Liked how Ray played Mickey. This **** still gonna end partially bad for them with the Minassian son seeing the detective and knowing Mickey probably snitched.

I need a gif of Avi dancing
laugh.gif
Hank Azaria is chilling with that money from The Simpsons. He probably doesn't have to work another day if he didn't want to.

Could be that it isn't the poker that Finney used to kill Varrick. Was there a scene with Avi storing it in that room, or telling Ray he did? I guess there's a good purpose of keeping it for possible blackmailing purposes.
We all saw Finney kill Varrick with the poker :lol:

Did you miss that scene?

We all saw Finney kill Varrick with the poker
laugh.gif

Did you miss that scene?
DId I say Finney didn't kill Varrick with a poker? No. I'm saying that the poker in Avi's container may not be the same exact poker Finney used. Come on, ya'll, think like a defense attorney. I don't recall Cochran doing a DNA test. He could even be bluffing.

Hank Azaria is chilling with that money from The Simpsons. He probably doesn't have to work another day if he didn't want to.
I know that but given he started as a comedian and has earlier acting credits after all that Simpson money you'd still think he'd want to get back to acting, especially now.

More so I feel ppl really should be contacting him but of course I dunno if he's just turned down a bunch of offers and for some reason he liked the Ray Donovan role.
We all saw Finney kill Varrick with the poker :lol:

Did you miss that scene?

DId I say Finney didn't kill Varrick with a poker? No. I'm saying that the poker in Avi's container may not be the same exact poker Finney used. Come on, ya'll, think like a defense attorney. I don't recall Cochran doing a DNA test. He could even be bluffing.
Okay so did you miss the scene where Cochran was in the room where Finney killed Varrick saw that he was missing a poker and then later put two and two together when he saw the poker in Avi's storage room?

Or do you think Avi just happens to have the identical poker that Finney happens to be missing?

Again this is something the show didn't play coy about. They went out of their way to show Cochran noticing that and then discovering the poker. Keep in mind he only really noticed after being brought back a 2nd time I think.

Last edited:
I know that but given he started as a comedian and has earlier acting credits after all that Simpson money you'd still think he'd want to get back to acting, especially now.

More so I feel ppl really should be contacting him but of course I dunno if he's just turned down a bunch of offers and for some reason he liked the Ray Donovan role.
Okay so did you miss the scene where Cochran was in the room where Finney killed Varrick saw that he was missing a poker and then later put two and two together when he saw the poker in Avi's storage room?

Or do you think Avi just happens to have the identical poker that Finney happens to be missing?
I didn't miss it. Is it really identical? Even if it was, anybody can go into a store and buy one unless it's custom made. There needs to be more evidence. There's no body. Where's the DNA evidence? Finney's lawyers' kids could probably create reasonable doubt. Besides, it would be real lame if it were so simple, if that's the best complication they could come up with. Finney: "Ray, he's got the poker." Ray: "Avi, kill that mother ****** you stupid **** and get the poker."

What hurts Ray the most is that Finney now knows Ray kept the poker as insurance.

Finney and Cochran are going to team up, and I can almost guarantee they're going to blackmail Ray into giving up his ownership stake. It wouldn't surprise me if Cochran ultimately ends up with the 3 percent stake.

Avi and Ray screwed up big time.

What hurts Ray the most is that Finney now knows Ray kept the poker as insurance.

Finney and Cochran are going to team up, and I can almost guarantee they're going to blackmail Ray into giving up his ownership stake. It wouldn't surprise me if Cochran ultimately ends up with the 3 percent stake.

Avi and Ray screwed up big time.
Wouldn't surprise me if Cochran ended up dead and Finney ended up exposed (not that being gay in this day and age is a big thing but he clearly doesn't want to be).

We all know Ray don't know how to deal with huge Ls gracefully. Son will go hard just like he did with Ezra.

I didn't miss it. Is it really identical?
Yeah but Finney is already shook so even if it wasn't it wouldn't matter. Enough is in place for Cochran to get Finney on his side to turn on Ray to a point or at least get another talk going about getting back at Ray.
Even if it was, anybody can go into a store and buy one unless it's custom made. There needs to be more evidence. There's no body. Where's the DNA evidence? Finney's lawyers' kids could probably create reasonable doubt. Besides, it would be real lame if it were so simple, if that's the best complication they could come up with. Finney: "Ray, he's got the poker." Ray: "Avi, kill that mother ****** you stupid **** and get the poker."
None of this matters. Cochran isn't looking to put Finney in prison. He probably isn't even looking to blackmail Finney specifically.

Cochran is only doing this cuz he wants to get back at Ray.

Couple the end of the ep with the preview for next week's ep and the course for where things will begin to go are pretty clear. Of course there'll be some twists.

Cochran is either going to convince Finney to screw Ray over or he's going to somehow discover where the body is and screw all of them over. That's where things are heading but most likely if he goes that far he'll end up dead or even worse getting blamed for the murder himself somehow :lol:

I'm not sure yet whether Ray keeps his 3% or not or if Finney back stabs him. Could be a happy ending for him or he could just be back where he started at the beginning of S3; not really wanting to do his fixer job anymore, no longer having enough money to have his fam set for life, and pretty upset with his decisions on how he lost it all. Only difference is he'll be a bit over Ezra, reporter chick from Boston, and maybe in a better place with Abby (depending where things go with Terry) and now he'll be hung up on Paige, what consequence he'll have with Finney if he isn't dead, and most likely Mickey somehow finding a way to stick around.

Last edited:
Thing is, if Finney  believes Cochran can't do anything with whatever evidence he thinks he has, he's not going to worry about it and it wouldn't touch Ray either unless he asks Ray to deal with it or Avi becomes the murder suspect. His dumb *** did leave a **** pic on Cochran's computer.

Finney is shook. He'll **** things up by letting Cochran do him. If not that he'll use the threat of Cochran to try and get back over on Ray.

Finney looked like he was into it when watching that Cochran wifeswap vid. I thought he might hit up Cochran to roll to some high end "lifestyle events" :lol:

:lol: @ avi "I got some bolt cutters in the van, If you want me to cut off his testicles."

All kinds of ******* in the episode. Ray always finds a way :smokin

Darryl simped and got played. That's how it works

Finney looked so stupid. I'll be watching again!

Chess master move by Mickey!

Last edited:
Things turned out pretty much how I thought from the very few expected options.

Finney folded quick to Cochran and turned on Ray cuz he was so shook. Cochran aint have an ironclad plan or a team like Ray got so look how easy it was for Ray to get the upperhand. Torture dude to find out where the poker is, move the body, and convince Paige which was easy to do since she was so greedy and power hungry and sprung off Ray's D. I mean she seemed way past the daughter looking for daddy's approval. How is Finney so dense he can't see she would screw him over? Especially when this has to do with her husband who he was smashing.

:rofl: @ Mickey turning the tables. Gotta love him. Son is smart. Played the right angles and pushed the right emotional buttons. He couldn't go quietly like that.

Anyway, these writer's are something else. Instead of giving Daryl a strong character arc this season that could be compelling or entertaining other than he's a simp that gets played with daddy issues we get the shark jumping 4 ep subplot of Terry and Abby having this weird courtship leading up to a bit of infidelity. It's like they want to make Ray's personal life as toxic and foul as possible. They already went hard last season to make sure Abby was one of the worst wives on tv by not just cheating on her man (which would've been fine cuz Ray cheats) but making sure it was a cop and having him threaten to put Ray away. Now she kissing his older brother who was brought in cuz his Parkinson's is getting worse?

The ****!? :x

It'll be interesting to see the finale with Ray finally confessing, and the beat down of the teacher. I expect the Minassians to show up once more to tie up that one loose end, something with Bunchy and maybe something worthwhile with Daryl or Connor but it'll be trash with Abby and Terry :smh:

Back
Top Bottom