Read novels in under 90 minutes VOL. there is an app for that

jjs

This Insane New App Will Allow You To Read Novels In Under 90 Minutes

The reading game is about to change forever. Boston-based software developer Spritz has been in “stealth mode” for three years, tinkering with their program and leasing it out to different ebooks, apps, and other platforms.

Now, Spritz is about to go public with Samsung’s new line of wearable technology.

Other apps have offered up similar types of rapid serial visual presentation to enhance reading speed and convenience on mobile devices in the past.

However, what Spritz does differently (and brilliantly) is manipulate the format of the words to more appropriately line them up with the eye’s natural motion of reading.

The “Optimal Recognition Point” (ORP) is slightly left of the center of each word, and is the precise point at which our brain deciphers each jumble of letters.

The unique aspect of Spritz is that it identifies the ORP of each word, makes that letter red and presents all of the ORPs at the same space on the screen.

In this way, our eyes don’t move at all as we see the words, and we can therefore process information instantaneously rather than spend time decoding each word.

The game done changed. Try it for yourself.

250 words per minute:
View media item 843483
350 words per minute:
View media item 843484
500 words per minute:
View media item 843486
source : http://elitedaily.com/news/technolo...allow-you-to-read-novels-in-under-90-minutes/

:nthat:

Can it help me read nt threads faster thus allowing me to read every thread and offer my inout ?

Very interesting. Feel like it will strongly take away from comprehension and enjoyment out of the read though.

There was a website that would do this for you. I don't retain information nearly as well using this, but it's clutch at times when you just need to read through something quickly.

It's good for a short term thing but if you want to analyze or absorb the info I don't think this would work too well

i do agree with this.

but for texts you have to read for work / study books / etc.

it's just great. Better productivity.

I may be able to read at a fast WPM, but understanding and retaining the memory of what I just read at said speed, that's totally different.

i do agree with this.

but for texts you have to read for work / study books / etc.

it's just great. Better productivity.

I may be able to read at a fast WPM, but understanding and retaining the memory of what I just read at said speed, that's totally different.

With practice and repetition, i think it could work and the reader could retain and absorb what he reads.

If children start using that method, i'm sure it's going to be a piece of cake for them when they are grown.

For most of us, it's the first time we try reading with that method. Most of us are able to do it within a couple of minutes. What if you practice a couple of hours?

Last edited:
What if I want to go back and re-read a sentence though?
Or stop to think about something 
laugh.gif

Now that I'm out of school, I don't read as much. This would be great though, I'll be able to knock out a book every other night.

If its a for a book I'm reading for enjoyment I wouldn't use this app. That's like watching your favorite show at 2x speed. You wanna savor it. Now for school or business this thing is gonna be amazing.

Wouldn't remember anything from the book. This is like watching tv while fast forwarding.

Back
Top Bottom